Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

50k steps waking up

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Over the past few months I have been waking up to 20 to 50k steps about once every 10 days.  I bought a new Sense yesterday thinking it was my ionic and bam here I am again at 50k.  I have reached out customer service twice and they are telling me it is the way I am wearing the watch?  I never had this issue before. 

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

I am having a similar problem. I wake up to 0 steps, then I get ready for work and in the span of 5 minutes its telling me I already have 15000 steps. Then soon after it doubles that amount. I look on my app and it says I have very intense exercise (15000 steps in 5 minutes) before I'm even up and about. I can't find answers anywhere. This will probably be my last Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes I expect this is a software glitch from an update that fitbit/goggle
does not have fix for as for 2 years I never had this problem.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, everyone, do these steps correct themselves in a few minutes or are they permanent?  I have noticed on several occasions when I first open the app it shows a crazy number of steps but then almost immediately corrects itself.  Could that be what is happening with yours?

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Julia.  Sometimes yes but mostly no.. Additional info...Usually it is the step count but not other metrics like distance but sometimes they are all off for the entire day. I am a stats guy with over 8k legit miles logged in 3 years.  Hate to see inaccurate numbers.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @PhillyD , I have been having this issue occasionally for months - as you say only steps, not other metrics going crazy - but for me in every case this always corrects itself fairly quickly.  Have you tried scrolling back over the days to see if those crazy extra steps really did “stick”?  If so, I can certainly understand your frustration!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes thanks Julia just checked.  3 times in December.  Twice with ionic and once with sense. Steps, miles, and calories on 10th, 17th, and 24th recorded way off.  Don't know if fitbit monitors chat but I can't imagine Blaise I am only one with this issue.  Thank you for your input though. I have had the issue you described with the reset.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ah just noticed these are all 7 days apart. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok just happened again here on 1/7.  Woke up this morning and within 700 steps my step count on my Sense went from 700 to over 28k and 13 miles. These metrics do not reset during the day.  Does anyone know is there any second level support from Fitbit?  The best they tell me is to reset the watch which wipes out all my settings and does not seem to help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks fitbit.  Got another 50k steps at 3 am without getting out of bed.  My wife said it is restless sleep.  Customer support keeps telling me to reset the watch but does not seem to work.   I'm kinda at the end here.

Best Answer
0 Votes