Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense display goes dim

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Anyone else having this issue?

When I scroll to settings, and click through to display, everything goes dim and I can barely make out the options.  I want to of course adjust the brightness and how to wake the watch, but it won't let me select any of the options.  You can barely make out the words on the screen in this menu screen (fine on all the others).

Just wondering if I'm missing something obvious.  I have already rebooted the watch to make sure that wasn't it.

Thanks for any help!

Edit:  Solved.  It came with sleep mode enabled.  Ooof.  So I was THAT guy.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
41 REPLIES 41

Just received today. When I first set up my sense I set the brightness level to normal. 
A few minutes later I decided to put it on bright. When I select display it goes so dim I can’t see it. 
Also it will not come on when I raise my hand.  
Help!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer

Hi @jharla1, it's nice to see you around. @rlstridde. Welcome to the forums!

@jharla1, thanks for the steps tried prior to posting and I'm glad that your Sense screen started working correctly. I've edited the title of this thread so your suggestions can help other members experiencing similar issues. Hope you continue enjoying the experience with your new watch! 😊

@rlstridde, thanks for sharing that you got your Sense and I'm sorry that the display isn't working correctly. Just to confirm, by any chance is the sleep mode turned On or was a sleep schedule set on your watch? If your answer is no and the screen still goes dim even after setting the brightness level to Normal, I'd recommend to perform a restart and keep me posted about its behavior.

By the way, I've moved your post to this new thread so you can keep our forums organized.

Best Answer

The sleep mode was on and after I turned it off everything worked well. Thank you

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Best Answer

How do I check for sleep mode being in?

Best Answer

Id like to know too!

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you turn it off?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @Cassers just swipe left to right.  If it's on sleepmode the top middle icon with the crescent moon will be illuminated with purple.  Just tap it to turn it back off.

Best Answer

THANK YOU, was just about to write up an issue when I saw your sleep mode comment - yep that was my problem also so thanks

Best Answer

I was having a similar issue. Unfortunately, I didn't look here first. I tried chat and then phone help. My Sense is now completely useless. 

Prior to the chat, I had already done a restart on the Sense. The next step I was told to take was to do a factory reset and then replace the Sense in the app. Now it won't connect to the app at all. "Connecting with Tracker" cycles and then finally gives abort or retry options. 

Phone help was not helpful. My case is now under review and I will hear back in 24-48 hours. I have been looking forward to getting my device since I placed the order in early September. I had been tracking it since the shipping date. The day it was to arrive, the tracking information had all been changed and my new delivery date was 5 more days. I finally got it 2 days ago. The display problem showed up yesterday, but I was at least able to use it for tracking steps and exercise. 

Just feeling disappointed. 

Any thoughts?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I finally fixed the dimming issue totally by accident and don’t think I could replicate it. Lol. But now my SPO2 is no longer being measured. I was told to try to wear it looser on my wrist and higher ( though it was working before) and still nothing. After reading the blogs I am afraid to forget the device and start over. Not sure what to do next. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone. It's good to see you here in the forums.

@rlstridde, you're welcome and thanks to you for your efforts. I'm glad the screen is working now and hope you can continue enjoying the experience.

@CMS2016, I'm glad your Sense dimming issue got fixed and I'm sorry the SpO2 clock face isn't measuring your data. While you've tried adjusting the band, may I know if you got at least 3 hours of quality sleep? Also, did you sync with the Fitbit app after waking up? I'd recommend to turn off the permissions for the SpO2 Signature clock face in the Fitbit app, restart your watch, turn back on the permissions and sync with the Fitbit app. Wear your watch slightly higher on your wrist in the next night and let me know how it goes.

@Cassers and @ShellsSD, thanks for joining this thread and giving a try to @jharla1's suggestion. You guys are awesome and I'm sure your posts will help many members experiencing similar issues.

@SunsetRunner, thanks for sharing detailed information about your Sense and the steps tried on your own. I'm sorry that you're going through this situation. This isn't the type of experience we want you to have and please know that your feedback will not go unnoticed. Because you have a case created, I've got in touch with our Support team and I was told they've sent you an email with more details to continue helping you. Make sure to check your inbox, spam and junk folders.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did all of the things you mentioned. Lost the screen again but was able to get it back again. I’ll know tomorrow if the SPO2 is being measured. Also got some reason the Sense decided to stop syncing with the app so I had to do another reset and delete and reload the app. It’s working again. My Versa was never this tricky!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks so much, that fixed mine also. 

Best Answer

Hi @CMS2016 and @Dtalitho. I hope you're doing well.

@CMS2016, thanks for trying the suggestions from my post, as well for troubleshooting the syncing issues experienced with the Sense. I understand this didn't happen with your previous Versa and I'd recommend to monitor its behavior in the following days. If by any chance it stops syncing or the SpO2 data isn't displayed on the clock face or the Fitbit app, please let me know so I can continue helping you.

@Dtalitho, you're welcome and thanks to you for keeping me posted. I'm glad that your Sense display got fixed and hope you can enjoy the experience with your watch. If you need anything else, don't hesitate to let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was finally able to get everything working!! So far so good!

Best Answer

Hi @SunsetRunner. I hope you're doing well.

Thanks for keeping me posted and I'm glad everything is now working with your Sense. This is great news and I hope you continue enjoying the experience! Let me invite you to visit our Health & Wellness board where you can share your experiences, make new friends and create your own topics.

If you need anything else from me, let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem.  Restart did nothing.  Screen is so dim in “Settings” that I literally can’t even SEE my current settings, much less adjust them, even with the charger connected.  So no I may be locked in “sleep” mode or “dim” mode but I can’t tell B and I can’t change the settings, whatever they are.  Help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

You solved my problem!  Thank you!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @memsy. Welcome on board.

Thanks for joining this thread and sharing that the issue with the screen got fixed. That's great news and I hope you enjoy the experience with your Fitbit Sense. If there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes