Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Announcing Sense Update OS 5.3 (44.128.6.12)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This update should now be available to all customers! If you have any difficulty updating, make sure you are following the directions in this article, and then provide as many specific details as possible in your post so that we can assist.

Update 11/7

We are continuing to roll out this firmware for the Fitbit Sense, and expect more users will see it as available. This is a progressive rollout, and all customers can expect to have it within a few weeks. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. If you don't see the option to update, don't worry - you'll have it soon!

Update 10/27

We’re excited to announce that a firmware update for Sense will be available soon!  Some of you may already have this update available - if you installed it, let us know what you think!

If you don’t see the update yet, that’s expected. Check the Fitbit app in a few days, and you’ll see a message when you can install the update. We expect everyone to receive the update in the coming weeks. We appreciate your patience while we get this update to all of our customers. 

Did you know that we gradually release our updates? We do this to make sure everything is working just right for you. Sometimes we find an issue and it might take a little longer than expected for everyone to get the update. While you might see suggestions on how to “force” an update, we ask that you don’t try any of these workarounds. Most of the time the update won’t be available and you can lose data or encounter other difficulties. The best way to get the update is to be patient and wait for the update banner to appear in the Fitbit app.  

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

You can find release notes here.

HOW DO I UPDATE?

You can find step-by-step instructions for updating your Sense here

We recommend updating your Sense over a home Wi-Fi network as this can greatly reduce the time it can take to get set up. For more information on connecting your Sense to Wi-Fi, check out this article

If you run into difficulty updating please review these troubleshooting tips

We’re interested in hearing your feedback on this update! Let us know what you like! If you encounter unexpected behavior during or after your update, please post the details below.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey everyone!

First off, I wanted to thank you all for your participation in this thread. Secondly, since the majority of Sense users have reported successfully updating to OS 5.3 (44.128.6.12), I am closing this thread. If you still have not updated your Sense to OS 5.3, check out this post for some best practices on how to update your tracker.

If you are experiencing an issue with your Sense unrelated to the firmware-up process, I invite you to start a new topic on the community or find a related topic. Thanks again for all feedback on this release.

Have a good day.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
231 REPLIES 231

To add what @Guy_ said could you tell whether Outdoor mode can sync to Strava and whether it's possible to download TCX file for it? AFAIK, Outdoor Workout in Charge 4 doesn't sync to Strava (despite being GPS activity).

Best Answer

Will this update give me the ability to put Deezer music back on my sense? It’s been 3 weeks since the syncs stopped working and there is no other way to upload music!

Best Answer

Will this fix the heart rate issues? 

Best Answer

@Tgisele very unlikely. If this could be fixed we wouldn't need to wait for it that long but instead it would be a top priority and delivered to the users ASAP.

Best Answer

Probably me being thick, but how can you tell 5.3 is installed? All I can see is Firmware 44.128.5.49. Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

@IanPike  - Not sure there is an announced way. However, it can probably be deduced from here

Which is 44.128.6.12

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

Thanks @Guy_ 

Best Answer

Click on your picture then click on your Sense then look at the top it shows which version you have.

Best Answer

Cheers, but only gives firmware version on Android App version, maybe different on IOS? Was not sure how that related to OS 5.3, Guy_ commented on another way to maybe confirm.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes sorry I have iPhone it has is 3.49

Best Answer

@IanPike , I use an android phone, but maybe this applies to iOS too. All the few firmware updates I had so far went more or less this way:

• One day, when I opened the Fitbit app, there was a clearly visible notice that a new update was available to download and install, with instructions about how to do it.
  • The updates were only done when I chose to. Sometimes I did it several days later and the notice was always there until I did it. They were not automatic updates, which is a good thing, because the update process can take some time, maybe 20 to 60 minutes, it varied. And the notice recommended (well) to do it when I had wifi available.
Best Answer

I found that a way to tell is to go into your Sense’s settings and look for “Status Indicators” switch. If it shows it then you have the update.

Best Answer

Hi everyone, the main post includes a link to what is new and fixed. This includes: 

• Status indicators on your smartwatch let you know when your device’s battery is critically low, the do not disturb or sleep mode setting is on, or your device isn’t connected to your phone. For more information, see How do I navigate my Fitbit device?
  • Use the outdoor exercise mode in the Exercise app 

to track outdoor activities like kayaking, skiing, and more. For more information, see How do I track my workouts with my Fitbit device?
  • This release includes bug fixes and improvements.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

Why can't Fitbit use the version on the watch? What the hell is version 5.3?!

moderator edit: capitalization 

Enderman
Best Answer

I got notice this morning that the firmware update was available. Download and installation went well. My watch now reads Version 44.128.6.12. 

Best Answer

@blissfl thanks for your feedback and assistance with the version number. I've updated the subject line. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

Got the update, turned on WiFi, connected, updated, everything seems fine... You will see status updates like in sleep mode or disconnected from phone, overlaying the clock. 

Fitbit Ionic 72.1.15 (recalled) and Fitbit Sense 128.6.17
Best Answer
0 Votes

Deezer syncing is now working again!!😊😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

I updated Sense now. I toggled "Status indicators" to on in "Settings" -> "Display", but no status indicators on my watch. Tried to restart, did not help.

Fitbit user since September 2019
Sense2 Sense, Charge3, Android, Windows
Best Answer