Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto detect run.and start Gps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Ionic would automatically detect a run and start GPS without me having to do anything except start running.  With the Sense I have to go to the exercise app, select run, wait for GPS to connect, start the run and then I can actually start running.  This is a downgrade in my opinion.   I only bought the Sense because my Ionic was recalled and I thought the Sense was an upgrade that would include all the same features.  Very disappointed, this was a very important feature to me.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @XKLC01 and welcome to the Community.  This feature is on the Sense and it should be on by default.  To make sure it is on:

• Choose Run on the Exercise app on the Sense
  • Swipe up on the tiny "^" at the bottom of the screen
  • Keep swiping up until you get to Run Detect and make sure it is toggled to On

I have personal experience with this feature on the Versa, Versa 2, and Charge 4.  My run was detected fastest on the Versa, followed by the Versa 2.  The Charge 4 took the longest time to detect.  I haven't used the Run Detect on my Versa 3.  It should behave just like the Sense, because they have the same operating system.  My personal experience also tells me that it can take a while for my Versa 3 GPS to connect when I use it for other exercises.  I feel like it might take even longer for a Run Detect on my Versa 3, but I have no personal experience.  And a bad hip to boot.

Please make sure it is toggled to On, then get back to us if it doesn't connect.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Hi Laurie, I followed your suggestion and found the toggle, thank you!  I haven't tried it out yet, so will reply again if it does not work as expected.   Thanks so much, Karen

Best Answer