Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BATTERY ONLY LASTING A DAY

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fit bit sense needs to be charged everyday since i left premium membership

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

Hi @Karoonb - it would seem unlikely that is the reason, more that something else changed on your Sense watch, as the Sense 2 is just starting availability.

If you were using Snore detection or the SpO2 tracker or GPS you will get short battery life -  see more details How to resolve the Major issues causing short battery life. 

Also if you did a firmware update or get the watch wet it can have an effect.

In any case try restarting the watch, sync it and then use Shutdown from the watch Settings menu. Wait at least 10 seconds [to allow it to complete] before placing it on charge to restart it and charge it. If it's already charged just push the button for a second and wait.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

To me it seems more like an issue of blatantly false advertisement than "it got wet or you had a firmware update". The only place where it is mentioned that there may be a detrimental effect on battery life is noted under the 6+ day battery life section and mentions always on screen mode.

A, smaller company (with less money for lawsuits) would have said something like up to 6 day battery life. Yet google/fitbit are advertising that the Sense 2 has an OVER 6 day battery life. See for yourself under "all features and specs":

Advanced health & fitness smartwatch | Shop Fitbit Sense 2

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Dwuuds - normal battery life is possible if things are working correctly.

Battery is currently at 28% and that's with quite extensive use since last charged.

20220926_081006.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Where are you able to see the battery stats like that?

Best Answer
0 Votes

On my watch face SimpleClockPro on a Sense that the user has for this topic. It's not available yet for the Sense 2.

Best Answer

@Guy_ I am curious what is your usage pattern of the watch to get such a long battery life? Do you use GPS? I'm wondering, 4 days is max for me with everything off (no SpO2, snore detection, not even thirdparty apps installed, default watch face) but tracking runs with the GPS (that I cannot give up).(talking about original Sense).

Best Answer
0 Votes

@t.parker - same as you but without GPS, instead a lot of vibrations for things. What you get is good for your usage.

Of course results can be scewed, as battery depleats quicker at the beginning and end of battery life, and at different times in 24 hours - uses less overnight. Can depend a bit on watch age too.

Best Answer

@Guy_ reducing to 4 days after 1hr30min on GPS  and all features off is rather poor (I don't even use gesture to wake up screen as it drains battery on any accidental wake, it feels like keeping watch in some powersaving mode). I know Fitbit shines when compared with Apple or Samsung but it doesn't even play in the same league when it comes to smartwatch quality. If I get 8-10 days on my 2 years old Garmin Fenix 6 Pro with GPS and all features on and IQ apps and fields for running and cycling, connected sensors and always-on display all time (F6Pro and my Sense are exactly same age) and even more on Fenix 7 then with Sense I'm pretty much getting what my Charge 2 was giving me and it lasted a lot longer. During night my Sense uses 5-10% (it's never constant).

Best Answer

@Karoonb I've moved your thread, since it seems to be related to the Sense, rather than the Sense 2.

@Guy_ and @t.parker FYI...

Community Council Member

Amanda | Wyoming, USA
Pixel Watch 2, Inspire 3, Sense | Android

Best Answer

@alexthecatno worries, it's a good call. Are you able to edit the topic, too? Because it's "screaming" with capital letters.

Best Answer

@t.parker no, I do not have that ability. There does seem to be Moderator presence in this forum, unlike in the Sense 2 forum. Perhaps one of them will fix that. 

Community Council Member

Amanda | Wyoming, USA
Pixel Watch 2, Inspire 3, Sense | Android

Best Answer
0 Votes