Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery Drain After Arrhythmic Heart Rate Tracker Update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Yesterday, I had a suggestion to start using some new heartrate tracker on my FitBit sense, (Less than six months old)

Following that, my watch battery depleted from 60% to 4% in an hour or so. I charged it to 100% twice more during the day while sitting at my desk, but it continued to deplete well below 50% within short periods of simply sitting at my desk. 

I charged it again to 100% before bed and not 8 hours later when I woke up it was completely dead again. 

I can only assume it's related to whatever new thing I accepted. I'm wondering if there is a way yo revert until they fix this? 

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Is it now showing as an installed app in the Fitbit App?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got the Afib suggestion Sunday night as I went to bed. Installed it. I'm pretty sure my watch battery was around 60%. Monday morning at 5 AM it was 12%. I don't have the snore detection on so my battery doesn't drain that much overnight. I charged it to 99%. Haven't had any problems since. 

Best Answer

Nothing new appears to be installed in my apps, but I just uninstalled the ECG app because I think it's related to that one? 

Battery has gone from 100% to 59% now in 1h 17m. With absolutely no activity whatsoever. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am seeing the same issue. Normally fitbit drain was a very predictable 20% per 24hours. After turning on tha afib monitor, I observe that I will go to sleep with 88% and wake up with 45%. This effectively cuts my total battery life from 5 days to 2. I went into the options on the sense itself in the fitbit app and turned off afib monitoring. I'll charge to full and then see what the difference is tomorrow. It isn't a super-vital feature to me so if this fixes it I will just leave afib off permanently and never enable it again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Sensa is relatively new and I was very happy with the battery, but it's been really bad recently. It was on charge last night and at 100% when I put it on before bed. It was at 60% in the morning. Considering it takes so long to charge, this just isn't doable. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I noticed it was also getting warm when I was charging it, so I actually spoke with FitBit support chat and told them what was happening. They told me to discontinue use immediately. They also sent me a shipping label to send it to them and said they would send out a replacement watch because the battery was a potential safety risk. 

Might be worth checking how your watch feels while charging. Could be a faulty battery. 

Best Answer

Hiya. Iv been having the same problem. Turn this feature off and the battery will hold like before. Open the app press on the top left head icon in blue and click on activity and wellness then heart settings and then irregular heartbeat and turn it off. 

Best Answer
0 Votes