Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery life after recent update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I noticed that after last update (44.128.6.17) the battery life got a lot shorter. It's been a few weeks since the update and it's noticable my watch lives lot shorter on single charge. Since yesterday, 100% at 11:00pm and droped to 76% at 7:46pm today (with 50min GPS run during that time). It's almost 25% within 1 day. Anyone noticed similar issue after installing that FW?

Edit: 10:31pm and it's 71%. It's more than a quarter or battery in one day.

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @t.parker - is it possible that the update enabled some features, AFib notifications perhaps.

Can you check which features are now enabled and how syncing is going.

If you try with Bluetooth turned off for a day does that make a difference because the problem could be coming from the latest Fitbit App which presumably has support added for the new watches.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did check any extra features that could have been turned on but nothing seemed to change. Well, it could as well be a battery dying deteriorating. The watch is a year old so who knows. This morning is 61% so and it's not even 48 hours yet. I noticed after last updates that notification about low battery started coming more often hence I connected it with FW.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@t.parker  - if you are sure it's not features the most probable cause is moisture, especially if you exercise and get sweaty.

Try the rice trick, but some damage may have already been done, so it may make no difference.

My Sense is nearly 2 years old and I charge it about once every 5 days still but I'm on the older firmware 44.128.5.38 and older app 3.51.1, which might help your update theory.

To put into perspective, my Versa 1 that got wet won't last a day on a charge, whereas the dry Versa 1 lasts nearly 5 days after more than 2 years.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Guy_ very unlikely moisture is a problem. I never shower with the watch (there's no water lock which results in bogus activities) and clean all my watches after workouts to ensure they are clean and dry. I also realized the watch is two almost two years old. Wow, time flies quickly 😮. Before the update, it was getting more than 5 days. I wear it at night and during activities, but I don't wear it 24/7. When the watch isn't worn the HR sensor turns off so which conserves the battery even more. Before it could outlive my Garmin F6Pro and now it's the other way around. Looking at numbers, now it's 60% so it probably can live 3-4 days. Yet, since full charge I did only one short run so if I add more activities it will become equivalent to Apple Watch when it comes to battery life. Today I have planned fartlek training so will see how it goes with GPS again. I was curious whether anyone on the latest FW (and the latest app) noticed anything different. By the way, I looked at the history of notifications of low battery (they come to my email) before and after the update and clearly, there is a connection so I'm not imagining things 😁

Best Answer
0 Votes