Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best hiking map app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi

Looking for a map app for hiking that will let me see my location and trails around me while also tracking my path,from the watch. 

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Good luck. I find mapping apps while hiking hard enough to read on my 5.4" phone, let alone on my watch. Not to mention the amount of memory needed to maps for offline use.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Nunnya1 until Fitbit supports maps natively I don't think you will find an app that does even half of what you want. Maps require storage for which Fitbit doesn't give access to developer but not only that. Rendering the map efficiently is another thing. Then you'd probably see more apps from big outdoor/trail nav developers like AllTrails or Komoot.

@scaddenp I use maps on my Garmin watch and it's one of the most useful features 😁! Whenever I hike or run new unexplored trail it's very handy to see where to go and other details of the trail. Very useful when I run abroad or anywhere I don't know area. I realize the screen may be too small to see for people with worse sight but my sight isn't perfect either but I can see very well what's on screen. I even use it sometimes when cycling as navigation by mounting the watch to the handlebars. Fitbit really should consider maps as a feature.

Best Answer