Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calories Burned and Floors

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just wondering how accurate the calories burned and floors are on the Fitbit Sense when not connected through Bluetooth to your phone for location. Example I walked maybe 20 to 30 floors in work 3 story building working with kids and nearly every building in this city isn’t level our apartment included. Would the 97 floors I apparently walked be accurate in that case?

Also wondering about calories burned. I don’t do workouts as I get a ton of exercise in work even though that’s only for 3 to 4 hours most days with an 8 hour shift on a Saturday. Lazy days off calories burned is around 1800, 2500 to 2800 after work and 3000+ after my full days work Saturdays. Is that accurate or is it counting too high compared to what I’ve actually burned?

And would eating 500 to 600 calories a day with that burned help me lose weight? That includes around 100 cal for drinks like tea and coffee so food calories about 400 to 500 a day.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Calories burned are based on heart rate.  Floors climbed are not a factor, other than it makes you work harder and raises your heart rate.  Location or being connected to phone don't matter.

I'm not expert on dieting, but eating 500 to 600 calories a day seems dangerously low to me.  Losing weight is not something to do all at once.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes