Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the step tracking be calibrated on Sense?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have the Pacer pedometer on my phone calibrated to my measured stride. It counts two steps for everyone the Fitbit counts. And it only counts steps when the phone is in my pocket. Is there any way to properly calibrate the Fitbit?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @MarkFolse 

You can measure your stride length manually and add it to your Fitbit account.by adjusting your stride length. It’s actually quite easy to do. Look here to see how to measure your stride length properly and how to input that data into the Fitbit App or directly here on the Dashboard.: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1141.htm

😃 I m hope this provided you the best answer for your question. Please let me know

Best Answer
Thank you. I will go do that. But I wonder if today it failed account a
single step while I was pushing a cart through two grocery stores because
my hands was not moving.

Notice: This e-mail is protected by the U.S. Constitution and the U.N.
Declaration of Human Rights. Interception by any public or private agency
is an ugly sort of work to be in. Does your mother know you spend your days
reading other people's mail? Would she be proud of you?
Best Answer

Hello again @MarkFolse 

I would agree that your step count is definitely off if you have both hands on a shopping cart. I always found that slightly annoying personally. But, I resolved that issue by wearing my Fitbit on my ankle using a Fitbit Ankle strap I purchased on Amazon. 😉 I can now push a shopping cart with both hands and still make each step count! 😂

Have an awesome rest of your evening….by the way your “notice” gave me a good laugh

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was alao searching for how to calibrate my Sense. The same run i have ran for years with every fitbit models Surger, Ionic and now Sense, suddenly has increased by a quarter mile. What happened with the Sense and how do you re-calibrate it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not sure this answer really deals with the issue, I was also searching for how to calibrate my Sense. The same run I have ran for years with every fitbit models Surge, Ionic and now Sense, suddenly has increased by a quarter mile. What happened with the Sense and how do you re-calibrate it? Just manually putting in a stride length and bypassing the Fitbit automatic setting is just masking the issue. How do you recalibrate. It was fine when I purchased it for a few months, now it is off.

Best Answer