Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control Music from wrist

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I use amazon and siriusXM for music.  Currently I wear a blaze and able to control music from my wrist once app is opened and playing.  Will the Sense and Versa 3 be able to do this?  Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Brucemhfd Yes, you can control music from your wrist with all Versa products and the Sense once it is already playing from your phone.  You swipe down from the top of the screen to access the music controls.  

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
16 REPLIES 16

@Brucemhfd Yes, you can control music from your wrist with all Versa products and the Sense once it is already playing from your phone.  You swipe down from the top of the screen to access the music controls.  

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer

Thank you! 

I just purchased a Charge 4 for my wife, and you can not control from wrist, hence why I asked. Im liking what I see from the Sense!

Best Answer

@Brucemhfd Yes, I'm disappointed the Charge 4 doesn't have music controls too.  But luckily, the Versa line up and the Sense do!  You can even control them while you have a workout going on your watch, which is really nice!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Doesn't this come with the huge caveat that it's limited to Pandora, Spotify and Deezer and also requires premium paid subscription to these services in order to use?  Read the fine print of the release and under the Sense, that's the impression I get. Meaning if you use Pandora free (not paid), or use any app other then Spotify or Deezer that you cannot control playback?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@bobby2478 No, there are music controls on the watch just like the Versa devices.  You simply swipe down from the top of your wrist and you can control music that is already playing on your phone.  I can play any music from my phone and control it from my watch.

If you want access to Pandora, Spotify, or Deezer, then yes, you need a premium subscription to access those directly on your watch. But if you have stored music on your phone, once you play it on your phone, it's 100% controllable (skip, forward, pause, play, volume controls) from your watch.

Best Answer

What if i'm streaming music on my phone using either Amazon Music or free Pandora? Will I be able to swipe down and change songs since they are already playing on my phone and the Fitbit is just controlling playback?

What is the access to Pandora, Spotify or Deezer? Does that mean launching those apps and controlling playback/selecting playlists/artists from the Sense directly vs having the sense only being able to forward/rewind whatever's playing on your phone?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@bobby2478 It works for any music playing on your phone. Here are some screen shots. I was just playing a song that I have loaded on my phone. You don’t have to use Pandora, Spotify, or Deezer, but the music does have to be started from your phone. 

135F8378-E947-4E01-AC9F-2BA8B4D7C5BC.jpeg

B67523D9-B5B3-4863-A92F-FF453A045AAE.jpeg

920EB0A5-F947-44FD-82A3-A331EE43102B.jpeg

Best Answer

Thanks, that's helpful. I'm curious what the integration with Pandora, Spotify or Deezer is specifically. It says "applicable subscriptions required for offline music". Does this mean being able to download playlists from these services to the Sense directly and playback from the Sense itself without having to bring your phone with you?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@bobby2478 Yes, the subscriptions would be for downloading offline playlists, but that isn't possible with Spotify at this time since Fitbit hasn't integrated offline playlist support for it yet.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
That is what was was concerned about. Thank you for response!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

How did you get the Music Controls , Wallet , etc to appear above the notifications when you swiped down?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Andie664 Hello!  That was part of the old operating system on the Sense.  It has been updated and now swiping down doesn't give you this option any longer.

However, you can set your music controls to be your "long press" of the button in the Settings on your device.  Or set it up as a short cut when you double tap the button.  

52382C7B-6CF5-4F45-8406-5DB0559959D5.jpeg

Best Answer

Here’s an example of what the double tap short cut looks like:

618BA428-CEE8-455B-9C03-E6AF98CBB412.jpeg

Best Answer
Thank you for the information! Too bad its not still in swiping down as I
am used to that from my Blaze, but I will get used to this too. Just glad
to know I'm not misunderstanding something.

Happy Holidays
Best Answer
0 Votes

I can’t find on the Sense wheee the music controls went. Not on my phone. Especially while I’m in a workout mode.

Best Answer

You cannot use this feature with the new sense 2 as does not have the software installed 😣

Best Answer
0 Votes