Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense not syncing for 3 days

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My new Sense has decided after working well since 25th September to no longer sync. I have only just noticed that it hasn’t been doing so since Saturday. No matter if I go to Bluetooth and switch it off or on and if I have tidied out all my previous Fitbit devices it still gets about halfway along then just sits there. Very frustrating!! Anyone else got a solution? I’m using an Apple phone with the latest iOS.

Moderator edit: format. 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Furlafan It's great to have you here! 

Sorry to hear that your Fitbit Sense isn't syncing and thank you for troubleshooting this issue. I suggest you clear the link between your phone and your device by doing the following:

1. Go to your phone's bluetooth settings and remove all devices listed there.
  2. Restart your phone and restart your device
  3. Check that no battery saving app/feature on your phone is affecting your Fitbit app.
  4. You can find troubleshooting instructions here.

Let me know how it goes.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
65 REPLIES 65

@Furlafan It's great to have you here! 

Sorry to hear that your Fitbit Sense isn't syncing and thank you for troubleshooting this issue. I suggest you clear the link between your phone and your device by doing the following:

1. Go to your phone's bluetooth settings and remove all devices listed there.
  2. Restart your phone and restart your device
  3. Check that no battery saving app/feature on your phone is affecting your Fitbit app.
  4. You can find troubleshooting instructions here.

Let me know how it goes.

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

Thanks Alvaro, That sounds pretty much what I did yesterday. It didn’t work last night . However, I tried again this morning and it did sync. My steps since Saturday have updated on the app but all other data has been lost which for a short period of time I’m not concerned about.

Thanks for your help. Hopefully it won’t happen again.

Best Answer

@Furlafan thank you for the update.

Really happy to hear that your tracker is now syncing and sorry that some data was missed from it. If a device stops syncing avoid removing it as this may cause data loss and try the instructions in the link on the last bullet point.

Let me know how it goes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve just had the exact same problem with my Sense. Bought about a month ago. Worked great and then stopped syncing and recording my sleep on 1/25/21 (today is 1/27/21). I did the same thing you did and it worked for one syncing but then stopped and info actually disappeared on the app. Just did what you were told to do on this site (before I hadn’t turned off both the Sense and the phone) and it seems to be working. Have you had anymore problems like this since October?

------------------------

I have had this exact same problem. It is very frustrating. Why is this happening and will it continue?

Best Answer

Its a bug in the last update for Android phones

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My sense stopped recording my sleep and oxygen too on the app. Exactly 3 days ago also. I got it for Christmas from my kids. I had to restart it 10 times now. Frustrating

Best Answer

I saw that but I have an iPhone X.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

@Drew1234 @AngelaRE @Furlafan 

The bug has been fixed. Its necessary to update the Fitbit App to 3.37.1, if you haven't already done so, and restart phone and watch to be sure. You can check version here

In the phone Fitbit App

Click on profile photo [top left]

Help & Support

App Version at the top

Best Answer

This is happening to me to tried turning off Bluetooth forget device updated phone nothing works seriously starting to think it’s a problem with the sense!!!

------------------------------

Ok do I have to do this daily from now on because I seriously haven’t got the time.

Best Answer

@nOsemiTemoS 

What phone do you have?

Did you also restart both phone and watch?

What is currently displaying on the watch?

Can you please also confirm the versions of watch Firmware and Fitbit App

On the watch

Swipe left

Settings

About Sense

System Info

Version [2nd field]

Version at the top

In the phone Fitbit App

Help & Support

App Version at the top

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did this. So far it's syncing. Let's hope it works. I know it has it's
bugs because it's new. I just don't want my kids to have wasted their money
for Christmas present. They all have them and had no problems.

Apparently i needed to update the app so it's syncing so far. I am not tech
savvy. I'm old school and learning everyday. Now if someone could add to
this device a find keys button like find phone lol.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

Might the problems with Sense and syncing be linked to battery level?

I could be wrong here but it seems like my Android 7.1 ap will sync with the Sense when the Sense battery levels are high and stop syncing below an as yet to be determined battery level.

OR

It is something to do with the Sense being connected via the USB charger lead to the windows 10 PC which is itself paired with the Android phone?

In any case, the only time my phone has synced with the Sense is when the Sense is plugged into the USB and the phone, PC and Sense are all together in the same place. I have tried all of the recommended actions - ALL of them several times. I have installed and uninstalled the App and I have also factory re-set the Sense.

As I write this, the Sense is charging, and it has synced for with the phone for the first time in about 24 hours. I am not confident however that they will continue to connect once I remove the Sense from the PC.

The Sense version is 44.128.4.17

and the app is 3.37.1

Best Answer
That update is for Android. The most recent version on iOS is 3.36 which I have. My iPhone X is also fully updated. I haven't had the problem again since I turned both the phone and the Sense completely off and then back on.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@rorytee  An issue here is to check Bluetooth on the PC, it should be off, that way its only supplying power.

There was a problem with the Fitbit App but as you now have the correct version it should all be fine.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have owned my Sense fitbit since Christmas Day. It has synced correctly until 2 days ago. I read a few of the replies and was concerned about losing data by resetting the fitbit watch or reinstalling the Fitbit App. Hence, I decided to simply power down my android phone instead. Upon restarting my phone, I was able to open the fitbit app and initiating the sync feature and it worked. Now it's syncing again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, it seems to be working now - as I was posting into the forum the Sense was updating!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had a Charge 3 followed by an Ionic and never had a problem syncing however my Sense has regular problems requiring me to restart it and my phone. Now I had to delete my Watch from the Fitbit app but it cannot find it! I need a watch that is reliable, what is my next step?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@stevedench

In the phone Fitbit App

Click +Set up a Device

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried that many times, rebooted, turned Bluetooth off and on, just now it is finding my Sense but timing out

Best Answer