Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic adjustment of Calories

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there!

So I am using my new Versa since about a month now (I won't go into the horrible initial setup - this seems to be a problem for a lot of people, I finally was able to do it by undocking and redocking to the loading cable whenever it seemed to run into trouble).

I used maintain weight, enter my caloric intake each day (actually this comes from a third party app by sync, because it's a bit of a hassle with the included Fitbit app).

Weight is updated each day in the morning.

The tracker gives me my daily calories used, about 3200 on non-training days and 3700-4000 on non training days. I am eating between 3000 to 3300 daily (no way I can actually eat much more to be honest) and I am slowly but consistently gaining weight, as I have expected.

Will Fitbit at some point realize that my caloric expenditure is actually lower and adjust this or will it just continue like this and pretend nothing is happening? Hope I will realize this and sent my goal to lose weight and then hopefully it will work out?

I mean the data is obiously there for an adjustment.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi, @jaydee81 welcome to the community, are you using a Versa? this is the Sense board, I can move your post over if you wish. Your issue applies to all of the devices as it is in effect app/back-office based. I use the personalised calorie figures and find they are pretty asccurate, the proof in the pudding is I gain & lose weight as expected. The dashboard online advises it " Uses your past activity history to estimate your calorie burn for the day and increases or decreases if you're more or less active than usual". If your expenditure fluctuates on a daily basis this may affect detailed results. My exercise regime is steady, I burn between 700 to 1000 additional calories a day with a daily total of between 3,200 & 3,500 (except on Saturdays). I try to be accurate with my consumption data but recognise it's not perfect.

I hope this is helpful.

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK
AWAKE! for morning in the bowl of light has cast the stone that set the stars to flight.

Best Answer
0 Votes