Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exercise app on Sense is crashing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The exercise app on my Sense is not working

i have shut down and restarted my watch.

I have turned Bluetooth on and off.

I have disconnected and reconnected the Sense watch.

I have tried to go to customer support and the message says ‘try another trail’?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
31 REPLIES 31

Welcome on board, @EdithD.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and the steps tried on your own. Also for trying to get in touch with our Support team. I'm sorry you're having this experience with your Sense and so I can look into this, could you provide me with more details of what isn't working with your watch? Is the Exercise app not opening? Or is the issue with your workouts not registering accurate information?

Best Answer
0 Votes

me too, and it hangs in the logo screen after I reboot it until now...

Best Answer

@Emwell It's nice to see you around the forums.

Thanks for joining this thread and letting me know about your Sense. Because this is odd, I went ahead to check your details and I noticed you already have a case created with our Support team. I'm sure they'll continue helping you with this matter, so please keep an open communication with them.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Lizzie

the app is not opening

it flashes up and then goes back to the original screen

Best Answer

@EdithD It's good to see you here again.

You're welcome, thanks to you for getting back with more information. Because the possible steps were already tried, I've requested a case on your behalf so our Support team can look into this and provide you with assistance. They'll send you an email with more information, please keep an eye on your inbox.

Best Answer

I am also having the exact same issue today. Click on exercise and flashes back to home screen. It's the a system wide issue?  Is there a fix? 

Thank you

Best Answer

Not registering. my workouts.

Best Answer

Welcome to the community, @Jgoran5 and @Nimibob.

Thanks for joining this thread and letting me know about your Sense. I'm sorry you're having this issue. I noticed you already contacted our Support team, and I'd recommend keep the communication with them. I'm sure they'll continue helping you with this matter.

Best Answer

All sorted -thanks

Best Answer

Today I experienced exactly the same issue and "Factory Reset" fixed that issue. I shouldn't put any more words because Fitbit is no longer a reliable product to me. This is my last Fitbit product!   

Best Answer

My Sense apps aren’t working. The exercise app crashes once opened. The GPS will find a run but the second I press play on the run it crashes.

Also I cannot add or change the alarms.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @MJF310739 - it may help to restart it, hold the button for 10 seconds till it vibrates and the logo appears.

Also try with the phone Bluetooth off. If nothing works it may be necessary to do a factory reset and setup all over again.

You can chat via the Fitbit App, click profile photo, Help & Support, Contact Customer Support for help with that.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for suggestions but that didn’t work.

The problem with the factory reset is that the settings “app” where I would do the reset also crashes once I try to open it.

The main core function of the watch and all its sensors still work. But no apps at all except timer.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MJF310739  - customer support will help you factory reset it using the button.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, @EdithD and @Tambooh.

@EdithD You're welcome, I'm glad you sorted this out. In case you have some spare time, let me invite you to visit our Health & Wellness board where you can meet more people and start your own topics.

@Tambooh Thanks for sharing the steps that worked for you. I understand how you're feeling as this isn't the experience that we want you to have. Rest assured we'll keep working on our devices to improve the experience with them.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit Sense won't allow me to open the Exercise app on my watch (not on the phone app which is working fine). When I do tap it, the Exercise logo comes up in the middle and then disappears and returns me to the app lists screen (the one you get to by swiping right that has 4 app icons per page).

When I use the exercise shortcut by pressing the button on the left of the device, it does the same. 

Since discovering this problem I have tried to solve it by:

- logging out and uninstalling the phone app

- shutting down the watch

- doing a force restart on the watch

- and uninstalling the device from the app and completely doing the set up again. 

None of these have changed this. 

The watch is still recording activity because once I've completed exercise it will appear on the mobile app with my stats. But I can't choose when to turn it on etc, and as a result it is only recording walks. 

If anyone can please help let me know because this is the main thing I use the watch for. Thanks

Best Answer

Hi @IrisCMax97  - when this happens a factory reset is probably needed.

You can do this from the watch Settings, About Sense menu but it has to be done carefully.

First note the names of any clocks or apps in the Gallery tile (for reinstalling).

Charge the watch fully then trigger the factory reset. Then wait for 5 minutes while it does it.

Once you have the initial state showing on the watch preform a new "Set up a Device" and replace.

Best Answer

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and sharing the steps that you've tried so far. Let me share that this issue with the Exercise app crashing on the Sense has been escalated to our team so they can work on a solution. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this caused and thanks for your feedback.

Once I have more details to share, I'll update this thread.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there.  This exact same thing happened to me today at an event.  Frustrated. I have tried everything suggested, shirt if a factory reset.  I will do this later when I have access to more support.  I hope this can get fixed quickly. My Sense is in my a year old 

Best Answer
0 Votes