Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Sense Heart Rate Accuracy

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So I bit the bullet and traded in the Ionic with its recall and went with the sense. I am beyond disappointed!

The inability to flip the unit 180 degrees so the button is on the outside towards my hand on my left wrist is annoying but the huge issue -

The heart rate accuracy is so far off unless I am at peak (170 bpm+) which seems accurate. All of my weight lifting sessions have me 67 - 95 bpm with the occasional spike up to 120 bpm. After a heavy squat set I am definitely in the 140-160 bpm range and yet the sense shows me near resting heart rate.

What's even worse, once I end the workout session the HR display on the main screen usually shoots up to somewhat accurate.

I should have kept my ionic! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

I worked out a week ago (weights), and don't think I broke 90 bmp, even though I was light headed and out of breath. This was with a new Sense and my old Ionic gave me 120 to 140 bmp for the same workout. When I finished and went home I was in the high ninety's, after resting, and measured my heartrate with another device and they were in sync. Something is really wrong with weight lifting workout, you would think they could test this. Listening guys? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I took a 5 mile bike ride and was 'below zones' the whole way. After I stopped and took a call with the Sense (really cool feature but you have to hold it next to your ear to hear), it was disconnected from my phone when the call ended, so I rebooted it. Then the Bluetooth was not enabled for the app on my phone, but it prompted me and then I reconnected. Returning back home I hit 157 bpm, where as going there I only hit 90 bpm for the same route. Not sure what exactly fixed it...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@mburkel nothing fixed it. It's just totally random. Usually, I see the HR very low for some time and then (not always) it shoots up (although higher doesn't mean accurate once you compare it with the chest strap, it still results in the garbage readings). The bike ride is the one I never (not even one short ride from all the rides I tracked) got correct HR readings.

Best Answer