Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Sense Temperature Not Working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve worn my sense for 4 nights now and my temperature baseline says 0 degrees. My graph says my temperature has reached -3.5 degrees. Is anyone else having problems with the temperature sensor being very inaccurate?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I think you are misinterpreting the info.  It is not showing any actual temperatures, only temp variation from your baseline.  The vertical degrees axis is not actual temperature, but temp difference from your baseline.  Your temp baseline is set at 0 degrees.  If you see a night's reading of -3.5 degrees, that means your skin temperature that night was 3.5 degrees lower than your baseline.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

I think you are misinterpreting the info.  It is not showing any actual temperatures, only temp variation from your baseline.  The vertical degrees axis is not actual temperature, but temp difference from your baseline.  Your temp baseline is set at 0 degrees.  If you see a night's reading of -3.5 degrees, that means your skin temperature that night was 3.5 degrees lower than your baseline.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

Yes I definitely was misinterpreting the info! Thanks for the clarification!

Best Answer

I get how the temperature variability works, but on the next graph, "core temperature", shouldnt it show the actual temperature?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Mastar wrote:

I get how the temperature variability works, but on the next graph, "core temperature", shouldnt it show the actual temperature?

Yes, if you have entered it.  The only way Fitbit would get your Core Temperature is if you measure it yourself and manually enter it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's a good explanation but I notice that my Oxygen Saturation is now 96% and my sleep breathing rate is 12/minute - I doubt these are all variation measurements too. 

It's like Boudreaux saying, "Don't worry about the wind speed, it's only 8 mph."

And then Thibodeaux says, "But it was 149 mph five minutes ago, so we're at CAT 5 now!"

Best Answer
0 Votes

No, you were not misinterpreting the information, it's simply presented incorrectly.

Instead of saying "Last night: -1.7F" it should say "Last night: down -1.7F" so that you read it as a change, not a measurement.

Best Answer
0 Votes