Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Sense - Terrible HR tracking

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just purchased the Sense a couple of weeks ago. While the rest of the features are as advertised, the heart rate tracking during workouts is horrendous!

In half hour workouts where my heart rate averages 125 and peaks at 155, this useless device registers it between 75 and 95 . So, at three end of a strenuous workout, it gives me 4 zone minutes! 

I have worn it on both wrists, used every exercise available, restarted it... And nothing has worked.

Any input will be greatly appreciated because I'm at my wits end with this garbage device.

Thanks

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hi, @Dagger1, welcome to the community, you may be interested in this article How do I track heart rate with my Fitbit device? You do not mention what you are comparing the device HR with. Bear in mind that chest bands measure using electrical pulses whereas wrist-mounted devices use optical sensors and can never match the accuracy of a chest band or medical instrument.

I hope this is helpful.

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK
AWAKE! for morning in the bowl of light has cast the stone that set the stars to flight.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

Sorry I should have clarified, I was comparing it to taking my pulse manually with my fingers on my neck. I understand if it's a few beats off or even slightly delayed, but in my case during a workout it is off by 30 to 40 bpm. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @Dagger1, thanks for that. Considering you must have been still for a moment or so to get a declining pulse rate after exercise it's very difficult to draw comparisons. Not that it has not been tried. You might be interested in these videos How to get Accurate Heart Rate from your Smartwatch or Sportswatch - YouTube and Best Smartwatch for Heart Rate in 2022? Scientific Test of 50 Smartwatches! - YouTube.

I hope this helps.

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK
AWAKE! for morning in the bowl of light has cast the stone that set the stars to flight.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Before getting the Sense, I had a Charge 5 for 10 months. It was far more accurate and consistent than the Sense.

During a workout, when the HR is 140+ on a manual measurement, there is simply no reason that the Sense should be reading 80 or 90. Maybe this particular device is a lemon, but I've seen plenty of other similar complaints dating back 2 years, without any sign of a fix.

Best Answer
0 Votes