Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Sense and Battery Life

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had a Fitbit Sense for about two weeks now and I've noticed that I need to recharge it every two days (battery goes from 100% -> 60% -> 20%). Is this normal? This is my first smartwatch so not sure how they are for battery, thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @cokashi232  - it depends on the features you are using, on my watch I get close to 6 days.

Example days days betweeb chargesExample days days betweeb charges

Snore detection and SpO2 can use anything up to 4 days battery alone so I don't use them.

See relevant issues How to resolve the Major issues causing short battery life. 

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

@cokashi232 Welcome to the Fitbit community.

What are your settings and also your usage? I can get 4 whole days with these settings with no GPS tracking:

Brightness dim, screen wake motion and button, always-on display off, snore & noise detection off, SpO2 on.

As @Guy_ mentioned, the biggest battery drainers, especially overnight, are the snore & noise detection and SpO2, but more so the snore & noise. With it on, I lose around 20% over 7 hours of sleep. With that option off, I only lose around 6-8% over 7 hours of sleep. I had it on for over a week and I don't snore and noise is minimal so it wasn't worth the drain. If I turned off SpO2 I would definitely get 5-6 days. I keep that on because it's part of the health metrics.

Also, keep in mind most battery claims for devices are in ideal conditions and are more of a maximum battery life rather than an average. 

I actually just did another battery test recently and here's my results:

Day 1

5:15 AM - 99%

5:15 PM - 88%

Day 2

5:15 AM - 77%

5:15 PM - 65%

8:00 PM - 61%

Day 3

8:00 AM - 49%

8:00 PM - 40%

Day 4

8:00 AM - 21%

2 hours of outdoor workout with GPS used 15%

10:45 PM - 5%

So that's 3.7 days worth and the GPS used around 7.5% per hour. That GPS usage would come to an average of 13.3 hours which is more than the 12 hours claim.

FYI: The search at the top of the community is very good and useful.

Best Answer
0 Votes