Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Sense stuck on logo screen

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there - I’ve had problems from day one with my Fitbit sense constantly turning off despite having charge. 

I am trying to fix that issue but what’s happened now is my sense is stuck on the logo screen and won’t reset no matter how long I press the side button for.

I’ve let the Fitbit lose charge and restart multiple times, same issue. 

It’s also not recognisable through Bluetooth while it’s stuck 

Can anyone offer any support around how I can fix this issue?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

Thanks for taking the time to troubleshoot your Sense, and get in touch with our Support team. I'm sorry this happened with your watch. Our team constantly works to improve our devices and services, and the feedback we receive from our members is a big part of the process.

To keep threads on topic or tailed to a specific topic, I'm going to close this thread from further comments. If you have another question, you can always check our Help Site for more information about our products and features, as well as troubleshooting tips.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
15 REPLIES 15

I've been having that same problem.

Best Answer

@Jessikastoots and @Dolezal welcome to the Fitbit community.

You said you're not able to restart the watch by long pressing the button? Just making sure you're doing it right but the way I describe pressing the button is a squeeze and not just placing your finger on it. It's not a very hard but definitely like squeezing an actual button as it's not truly just a touch sensitive button. Tapping it doesn't actually get a response. So give that a try and you should be able to restart it.

Now if it continues to get stuck at the logo, try to factory reset with these steps.

Hold the back button for about 8 seconds. 

When the Fitbit logo disappears:

• Release the button briefly (for less than 2 seconds). 
  • Hold the button again until you feel a second, longer vibration, which indicates you initiated the factory reset. 

Obviously, you'll need to get the restart working for this to work.

Best Answer

I tried doing the factory reset but it didn’t work. The logo keeps flashing on and off. There are no lights on the backside of the watch.

Best Answer

@Mollielou welcome to the Fitbit community.

When you tried, were you able to get through the steps and get the longer vibration?

Best Answer

I am having the same issue and cannot get it to the longer vibration and also do not have lights flashing on the back of my watch. 

Best Answer

I called customer service and they had sent me a replacement. Not sure why because I didn't have a warranty on it.

Best Answer

Hi @NikkiF135  - if you don't have lights on the back and the screen is blank the watch may need charging. 

In any case if you put it in the charger it should show the battery status when it is on.

If it is not on it should come on. Then disconnect the plug from the power and reconnect and see if you get the power status come.

If so wait till it's well charged, remove the Sense entries from your Bluetooth, logout of the app (on Android also clear the storage cache and force stop it) and restart the phone.

Login again, click profile photo and "+ Set up a Device", it should find the watch again.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

Hi @Dolezal  - if you have the old watch still you can also try the above approach.

Please let us know the result to help improve recommendations.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

Customer service told me it is not possible to reset the watch.  I have had 2 Sense Watches fail by locking up on the startup logo screen.  They want me to purchase another Sense Watch.  Do they think I am stupid enough to purchase another Sense watch when there is obviously a design flaw.  Very disappointed with you customer care.

Best Answer
After the experience I had with customer service after being a loyal fitbit
user for about 10 years, and the run around I got from them I decided I had
enough. I heard other people had bad experiences with them as well. I
jumped over to Garmin. I’m glad I did in light of them now taking away
challenges and the boards. I can do Challenges on Garmin and interact with
connections. I also joined Stridekick so I can interact with friends that
jumped to an apple watch from Fitbit.
Best Answer
I am now torn between Garmin and Apple. I have Apple computers, phones and iPad. I may just stick with Apple so it is seamless. I am shocked with Fitbit’s customer service and them assuming I would buy another

Mike
Best Answer
I also have everything Apple. But the battery life is what got me and the
reason why I went with Garmin. Don't get me wrong, I love my Apple
products but just didn’t want to take a chance of my watch dying if I
couldn’t charge one day.
Best Answer
Thanks for the feedback I’m gonna be looking into a Garmin

Mike
Best Answer
There are many to choose from. Good luck!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

Thanks for taking the time to troubleshoot your Sense, and get in touch with our Support team. I'm sorry this happened with your watch. Our team constantly works to improve our devices and services, and the feedback we receive from our members is a big part of the process.

To keep threads on topic or tailed to a specific topic, I'm going to close this thread from further comments. If you have another question, you can always check our Help Site for more information about our products and features, as well as troubleshooting tips.

Best Answer