Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECG app and SpO2 tracking availability in Israel

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi everyone, 

My name is Yaniv and I am a gear review blogger from Israel. 

I bought the sense to review it @ my blog for the only reason that the watch has the SpO2/ECG/Sleep Tracking apps.

Now I've asked the seller if those are available in Israel and he said YES. 

UNFORTUNATELY THERE NOT. 

As a gear reviewer and an avid athlete and coach it blows my mind the the features, for that I bought the watch in first place, aren't available for install. 

Come on Fitbit release those apps to Israel region because they are the key features of the watch... And on that hand please install Hebrew on the device... It is a smart watch... No notifications available.

Sincerely, 

Yaniv Y

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

Best Answer
24 REPLIES 24

Hi @YanivY , thank you for your feedback and for sharing your experiences. I apologize for the information you received from the seller. If you could tell us where you purchased your Sense we'll make sure to forward the feedback accordingly. 

Regarding your observations about  the features to be in Hebrew.

The best place to make your voice heard is the Ideas board on our community (community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Requests/idb-p/features). Please take a moment to visit and give us your feedback. 

If you find that a similar suggestion has already been made by another member of the community, you can vote for their idea and add your comments. We look forward to reading your suggestions. 

We're constantly striving to improve Fitbit products and services, and we very much appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers.

Thank you so much for your feedback and for participating in our community!

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for your reply. You neglected to mention about the release of the
ECG / SpO2 apps in Israel.

Please advise because to be honest those are the reasons I've switched from
Garmin/Polar to Fitbit.
Best Answer

well, it's just that those features won't work in Israel.
they approved it in the US and for some countries in Europe but in Israel they didn't even try.

now, why do we care about the approval of the feature by some board? did they approve the HR sensor? maybe the sleep algorithm?

and when you run the ECG they tell you it's not something to trust anyway and you should go and talk to your doctor.

but the fact of the matter is that outside the US you get a cripple watch with half the features they promise.

Best Answer

Can you please advise about the release date for the apps in Israel?

As a gear review blogger my conclusion for the time being is that the Sense is not ready for all the markets and cannot be tested for accuracy in matter of SpO2, ECG to very list HRV etc.

In matter of GPS accuracy its fair as the Polar Ventage V and same in Cal / HR based score. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The apps WILL NOT be released until Fitbit apply for regulatory approval in Israel and that approval is then granted.

Best Answer

No doubt about it.

and no doubt it will hold the sales of this watch in israel.

and it's sad cause it's actually a good watch with many functions.

Best Answer

Hi @SunsetRunner , nice to see you around. Thank you for your input. 

@YanivY @dvdscr ,  I understand how much you'd like to have this app available and my best recommendation is to keep an eye to our Help Forums or our Press Release for future updates about this or any other feature availability. Our team continuously works on our products and features to enhance your experience and our members feedback is a big part of that process. Be sure that your comments haven't gone unnoticed.

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

1. Where can I see the list of countries where the ECG application is available?
2. If I buy a watch in a country where the ECG application is available, and then I travel to a country that is not on the list of countries where the application can be downloaded. Can I still use the ECG application I installed in the first country?

Best Answer

I just got the Charge 5 and I'm having the same experience. The device literally doesn't have the features that I bought it for. 

For the search engines...

Do not buy fitbit charge 5 if you're in Israel or if you're going to study in Israel or work in Israel or be in Israel.

Moderator edit:  format

Best Answer

Which now over a year later, has not happened. Essentially rendering these devices unnecessary and useless for someone who is looking for any of those features. 

Best Answer

Juan, I purchased my charge 5 from Amazon and this is my third fitbit I upgraded simply for these additional features and thet are not available in Israel.  This is really a disgrace and insulting.  

Best Answer

Couldn't agree enough. Extremely disappointing. Also doesn't seem to be any sign that the device will work properly any time soon. 

Best Answer

Hi,

I live in Israel and purchsed the Sense watch with the understanding that it has SpO2 capability. I need this feature and it was the main reason I was buying this watch. Is there any way to get this feature added for Israel? To whom do I need to speak?

Thanks  

Best Answer

@yitzmalk Welcome to the Fitbit community.

While it does specifically say "*Not available in all markets. Availability will be rolling.", it would be nice if they had a listing like they do for the ECG. Although, it appears if ECG isn't available then SpO2 isn't as well.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm in Israel and found a way to get it to work - a hack if you will. Install a VPN and set your phone to a country with SP02 (like the UK). Your phone apps will automatically update with the SP02 app. I've just confirmed this. So I will check to see whether the data updates tonight. I didn't need to turn the phone location setting off. Hopefully the Health metrics will update once the data is recorded - and that this information won't be removed when I switch off the VPN in the morning.

Best Answer

Any luck, @JonathanPS

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Dave and everyone else who's interested - the workaround works. A few important things I've noticed:

1) The VPN must be active on your phone when you sync your device with the app. If the VPN is not active your app will detect your true location (when you 'sync' it) and the SPO2 app and ECG app will be removed from your watch automatically. (This can be avoided by simply turning off bluetooth when you don't want to run the VPN)

2) By the same process, once the VPN is active, the device apps should automatically install (when you sync)- if they don't - try to download them from the store (in the discovery section). Remember the VPN should be active. Note: I cannot access the apps / clock faces section now with my VPN active for some reason - did fitbit introduce a block to my workaround? I can access it when the VPN is disabled - but then the SPO2 app isn't visible....

3) If the fitbit app doesn't recognise your location to be the same as the VPN, close down and restart the app on your phone.

4) I can verify once the app is installed on your phone (you'll know because when you swipe up you'll see it), that the SPO2 sensors gather the data whilst you sleep and that when you wake and sync your device - that data is transferred to the app on your phone in the health metrics section. (Remember to ensure your VPN is active when you do this - otherwise instead of download the data, the app may be removed).

5) It doesn't collect data every night (for whatever reason) - but I have recorded data for the 5 nights in a row.

6) Even if your VPN isn't active and the app deletes from your watch, the data remains in the fitbit health metrics section on the fitbit app.

So whilst I'd hesitate to rely on my workaround as a reason to purchase - since this method could easily be bypassed by fitbit with the right software tweaks, if you already have the device, I'd highly recommend trying this approach even with a free VPN.

Best Answer

Hey Juan,
I want to buy a Fitbit Sense but just yesterday understood it doesn't work in Israel.
I understand this is still the same situation since it was released, over a year and a half ago.
Did Fitbit try to get approved in Israel?
If yes, where can I see the progress of Fitbit's application?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey,
Were the ECG or SpO2 features realeased by now in Israel?
If not - Did Fitbit provide any time estimation for when they are going to apply a request for approval of these in Israel?

Best Answer
0 Votes