Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Assistant not available in the Netherlands

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi today a updated my Fitbit sense but we I wanted to install google in the Netherlands it says  @ niet beschikbaar in jou regio” ( not available in your region ) wats going wrong 😑 

535FA82C-79DA-4AB8-8825-FB696BCBEAD1.png

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject, updated label and formatting

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Google Assistant is rolling out to US users at the moment and the press release says:

"Google Assistant coming to Australia, Canada, India, Ireland, New Zealand, Singapore and the United Kingdom in late 2020 in English only; Belgium, Canada (French), Chile, Colombia, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, Peru, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland available early 2021."

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14

Some in Italy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't think it's available anywhere yet.

Best Answer
0 Votes

According to the release notes it is suppose to be released with the next firmware. 

Best Answer

Google Assistant is rolling out to US users at the moment and the press release says:

"Google Assistant coming to Australia, Canada, India, Ireland, New Zealand, Singapore and the United Kingdom in late 2020 in English only; Belgium, Canada (French), Chile, Colombia, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, Peru, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland available early 2021."

Best Answer

Could you solve the issue if you switch your location to the U.S.? In that case English only, worth a try? 

Wenn dir mein Beitrag geholfen hat, freue ich mich über ein Kudos (Daumen hoch Symbol)!
Best Answer

Is this also true for Alexa?    I am using Alexa  devices  in the Netherlands without problems (in english) so why should it not work on my new sense?

Best Answer

@Saltheo1 wrote:

Is this also true for Alexa?    I am using Alexa  devices  in the Netherlands without problems (in english) so why should it not work on my new sense?

No, Alexa is already launched and also available with audio reply.
But even for Alexa not every country is supported right now. The Netherlands are not listed today:
Voice Assistant on Fitbit Smartwatches
You may switch to the UK to use Alexa in English.

Wenn dir mein Beitrag geholfen hat, freue ich mich über ein Kudos (Daumen hoch Symbol)!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the quick response. Yes this works for Alexa. Not sure yet if
changing the country has in anyway impact on other apps.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Shame it only looks at your Google accounts region and not the default language. So even if your first language is English, you cannot use GA through Fitbit because you live in the Netherlands? Bit disappointed, as I don't even use GA in Dutch... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You will have to change your country on your Google Account. This can only be done once a year and will impact any subscriptions you have! 

Best Answer

@Mamamegs wrote:

You will have to change your country on your Google Account. This can only be done once a year and will impact any subscriptions you have! 

Thanks for sharing!

I would assume it checks two times? When I open my Fitbit voice assistant selection page I can only select Alexa. Google Assistant shows me an information that it is not available in my region. Hence I haven't gave Fitbit my Google account I would assume the first check is the region setting in the Fitbit app. Next check could then be the Google account, right?

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you have your location inside the Fitbit app set to the Netherlands, GA will show up as "unavailable". I've my location set to UK, but my Google account is set to the Netherlands because of payment requirements. So GA is available in the app, but when I want to activate it it fails. Even though my language settings for my Google account are set to English. I do not want GA in Dutch though, we are an English-speaking household with several Google appliances, which have no problems with the location/language....

Best Answer
0 Votes

Stop the presses, I've found a workaround!

Go to Assistant Settings in the Google Home app and change the language to English US. Set your location inside the Fitbit app to US and sync your watch. You should now be able to set up GA. It worked for me! 

Best Answer

Thanks for sharing, @Mamamegs!

Best Answer