Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google wallet on Fitbit sense 1

Yesterday was I was finally able to get my bank card on my Fitbit sense 1.  I was very disappointed that my bank didn’t support Fitbit pay. But now that I could upgrade to google wallet I am happy and can’t wait to try it out.  I had thought at times about upgrading to the sense 2 just for google wallet. But now I don’t have to.  It was so easy to get work. So for anyone out just know if you’re bank support google pay/wallet then you can upgrade to google wallet on Fitbit whether your bank supports Fitbit pay or not.  There is nothing any bank supporting google pay has do to make it work on fitbits.

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Welcome back to the Fitbit community, @pizzacheeks!

Thanks for reporting about your positive experiences concerning Google Wallet on the Sense 1. This might be very helpful to encourage other users yet being undecided whether to switch from Fitbit Pay or not.
Keep enjoying your Sense 1.

Talahthas, Fitbit Community Council
Charge, Charge HR, Blaze, Versa, Versa 2, Charge 5, Versa 4, Aria, Aria 2, Pixel 4a, Pixel 7
Best Answer
0 Votes

How did you update to Google Wallet? Mine just says "something went wrong" and I cannot go back to Fitbit pay. I lost contactless payment with the Sense. I was forced to make the transfer as Fitbit removed the cards from my Sense without notification and next time I openeted the app, it forced me to begin the transfer of my account. 

i cannot migrate to google account either, it says I must first migrate my kids account. however it gets stuck when switching over to children view as dictated in the instructions. Really anoying as I used the contactless payment daily. Now I have to buy another watch and will probably go with Garmin as I have an iphone to avoid the dependency on Android after Fitbit is being replaced with Google.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I simply went into my Fitbit app on my iPhone and into my sense it prompted me to want to upgrade to google wallet so just followed the prompts logged into my google account/wallet and added my existing bank card that was in google wallet to Fitbit. 

Now I already had transferred my Fitbit login to my google login long ago and have no kids accounts. So that may be why it was an easy process. 

Best Answer

Thank you for your response. I managed to get it working. I deleted my kids account (no longer used) and migrated my account to google. However that was not enough. Tried to deleted all my credit cards through the pc computer browser fitbit dashboard. Still not enough, reinstalled the fitbit app, logged out and in, still not enough. The device lock settings in the fitbit app did not work either.
Finally, restarting my Sense, and I was able to setup pin code in device lock and open up google wallet to add my credit cards back on the watch. I will keep my Sense another year 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes