Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart rate inaccurate

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is there an update or option to get your heart rate and activity tracking to be accurate on your Sense?

I have "manually" taken my HR (along with my trainer saying my HR should be much higher with the workouts I am doing). My watch is not at all accurate (very low reading).  It also doesn't track my entire workout (example only 20min when I've been hitting it extremely hard for an hour).

I have wiped it off, switched wrists, placement on wrist, made sure it was fully charged and nothing has helped.

Thank you for the assistance in advance!

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Hi @Tierneylm22  - if you look elsewhere in the forums for Sense and Versa 3 you will see this has been an ongoing issues since release. We are all hoping that there will be a fix to make it work as well as the original Versa.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

@Tierneylm22 As mentioned, there are a lot of posts on the heart rate monitoring accuracy or inaccuracy. It's a known issue to Fitbit and many users. That's being said, it seems to have improved a little bit as seen in this video:

https://youtu.be/qt7hBdddCrw 

This video shows two main issues are it's delay in detecting rate change and unable to detect max heart rate

Personally, I've noticed that while working out, the watch seems to "low-ball" my heart rate numbers at times. And I do my own quick spot check of my rate rate and see it says a lower number than what I count. But when I see my graph, I'm kind of surprised by my average and max as I don't recall seeing my max that high. Plan on using my elliptical which has a chest band heart rate monitoring for my own comparison. It might not be a Polar H10 but at least it's a chest band.

Best Answer

Thankb you for your response!  The video you shared was very informative! 

It is disappointing to know you more spend money on their flagship product for it to underperform.  However, it's nice to know I'm not the only one with the same frustrations.

Thanks again!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Personally, I don't see any improvement.

My today's 16km steady-state easy run. During the last 30 minutes something went very wrong:

Orange - Fitbit, Blue - PolarH10Orange - Fitbit, Blue - PolarH10

Last week's half-marathon:

Orange - Fitbit Sense, Blue - PolarH10Orange - Fitbit Sense, Blue - PolarH10

And the cherry on top of a cake - cycling (for this, Sense is totally useless):

Orange - Fitbit Sense, Blue - PolarH10Orange - Fitbit Sense, Blue - PolarH10

Since there was no update for quite a long time, I wouldn't expect any improvement.

Best Answer

@t.parker Well it supposedly has improved since release. Not saying week to week or even month to month. But either way, that is terrible what you're getting. And if that's actually an improvement, I can't imagine how it was originally in 2020. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@eezeepee I got my first Sense in December 2020 which is a few months after it has been released (I edited this bit because previously I said 2021 but it's my mistake, looked wrong at my order history in Amazon). If you say it has improved since release and what I see in my workouts is "improvement" then I'm dreading to ask how bad it was right after the release.

Best Answer

Thank you @t.parker for continuous positing informative graphs. The third one is terrible.

Although I don't have a chest strap, I have similar experience. When I was running, the readings were at least reasonable. But When I was cycling, the readings were way lower than expected.

Anyways, this thread may probably be removed soon as other threads were.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@deiG Don't know what you mean by this thread may probably be removed as the others because there's still plenty of them. Just search "Sense heart rate" in the Search All Content box. If anything, they consolidated them to less.

Best Answer
0 Votes