Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart rate zone

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Got a sense and it is raising my heart rate zones over my other fitbits. Therefore I can hardly get my pulse into the cardiac zone. Does anyone else have this problem and how can I set my zones. Justvwant them how my old fitbit had them. Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @Croneill !

You set HR zones in your phone app. Open Fitbit App - Tap your profile in the top left corner - Activity & Wellness - Heart Settings

Fitbit user since September 2019
Sense2 Sense, Charge3, Android, Windows
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Croneill and welcome to the Help forum.  Fitbit made a change when it introduced active zone minutes on its newer devices.  Older models use the 220 - age = maximum predicted heart rate (MPHR) equation to calculate your heart rate zones.  Newer models use your resting heart rate in the equation.  It's a more complicated equation.  You can read more about it here. 

@LokeAa pointed you in the right direction, but I think this will help a little more.  Here's how to change your zones.  Tap on your profile picture > Activity & Wellness > Heart rate zones.  Turn the Custom Max Heart Rate to On.  Your app will show your current MPHR.  This is where some trial and error comes in.  Lower your MPHR by 20 points and see what happens.  You might need to back out of the screen, then go back in to see the changes.  Adjust it more if you need to.  I don't think you can match the previous heart zones because of how the calculations are done.  But I think you can get closer to numbers that you like.

See if this helps.

Laurie | Maryland
Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes