Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High low heart rate notifications question

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

high low heart rate notifications will they go off even if your heart rate is not as high as your threshold for a continuous 10 min or do they not need to be that high for that long just as long as your inactive for 10 min and your heart rate goes above your threshold

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Hgraham1987   It must be above threshold, not just close.  It really looks like it must be 10 minutes.  I have a low resting heart rate, usually in the high 40s.   I set a low heart rate alert at 50 to test the feature.  I expected it to go off when reading or watching TV.  Here is an example:

1A2B8C2F-55BC-45BE-96DB-D1EBF70E3B0C.png

I can't test the high heart rate alert.  The default setting for me is 120 bpm.  My lowest custom threshold is 100 bpm.  I just can't get my heart rate that fast at rest.  But I expect it to behave the same as the low threshold alert.  I can confirm that the low alert won't go off when sleeping.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

"Get a notification if we detect that your heart rate is above this threshold while it appears that you've been inactive for at least 10 minutes."

Sound like the 2nd part of your post to me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Hgraham1987   It must be above threshold, not just close.  It really looks like it must be 10 minutes.  I have a low resting heart rate, usually in the high 40s.   I set a low heart rate alert at 50 to test the feature.  I expected it to go off when reading or watching TV.  Here is an example:

1A2B8C2F-55BC-45BE-96DB-D1EBF70E3B0C.png

I can't test the high heart rate alert.  The default setting for me is 120 bpm.  My lowest custom threshold is 100 bpm.  I just can't get my heart rate that fast at rest.  But I expect it to behave the same as the low threshold alert.  I can confirm that the low alert won't go off when sleeping.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer