Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I pair two Sense into one Amazon account?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Anybody successfully pair TWO Senses to their Amazon account?
Wife and I both purchased the Sense with intent of being able to add items to the Amazon's centralized shopping list/etc while away from home and while hers does, mine wont (instead its doing a local list) despite both being logged into the same Amazon account.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Found the problem...fitbit Alexa sub-app links to your Amazon App Store
(the one for downloading phone apps) bc using the actual main Alexa app
would be too logical. I could even see the Amazon Prime app. But this?? Smh.

Anyway, once the app store is deleted, Fitbit will actually ask you to sign
into an Amazon acct when configuring their Alexa subapp instead of doing it
automatically.

Speaking to either watch now correctly adds items to the -same- shopping
list as intended.

Haven't tried restoring the app store yet bc suspect it'll break the
connection; which is "fine" since apps don't tend to update often.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Anybody else having issues signing into Amazon?
The wife's Sense is linked to her Amazon Prime account and working as expected.

The separate Amazon Alexa app installed on my phone IS linked to her account so we can share a common shopping list, skills/routines, etc; however doing so requires accessing my phone and running the app each time I want to use Alexa. 

The whole point of buying myself a Sense is to use Alexa without my phone - however the above steps automatically link to my own Amazon account (same email as my fitbit) without providing an opportunity to enter her email/password. 

suggestions??

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Jefgorbach. Welcome to the Community Forums.

I'm glad you and your wife purchased the Sense and let me help you with your question. Because you mentioned to be logged into the same Amazon account, do you refer to the Amazon login in the Fitbit app? Are both the Fitbit app and the Amazon app updated in your phones? I'd recommend to give a try to the following steps:

Best Answer

Hi @Jefgorbach - I have quite a few devices attached to my Alexa account ... each device has a different name, even my three Dots. I was able to go into the Alexa app and change the name of each Dot to something unique. It is probably worth a try to do the following:

• Open the Alexa app on your phone. Go into the Settings > Device Settings and remove any Fitbit listed.
  • Now, on your Sense, use @LizzyFitbit ‘s instructions to connect to Alexa. 
  • Once that is set up, open the Alexa app on your phone and re-name the Generic Fitbit name to your name-Fitbit Sense. Exit all the way out of the app.
  • Now open your wife’s Sense account and follow Lizzy’s instructions to connect her device to Alexa.
  • Then, open the Alexa app again and re-name the generic Fitbit name to something like hername- Fitbit Sense .

I confess I have not tried this but it seems logical, and follows the steps I used when adding three identical Dots to Alexa in order to access and control them individually. If you try this, please let us know if it works. 

Best Answer
Found the problem...fitbit Alexa sub-app links to your Amazon App Store
(the one for downloading phone apps) bc using the actual main Alexa app
would be too logical. I could even see the Amazon Prime app. But this?? Smh.

Anyway, once the app store is deleted, Fitbit will actually ask you to sign
into an Amazon acct when configuring their Alexa subapp instead of doing it
automatically.

Speaking to either watch now correctly adds items to the -same- shopping
list as intended.

Haven't tried restoring the app store yet bc suspect it'll break the
connection; which is "fine" since apps don't tend to update often.
Best Answer

Hi @Jefgorbach, welcome back to the forums. @SunsetRunner, it's always great to see you and thanks for your awesome help!

@Jefgorbach, thanks for your efforts in troubleshooting the app and for sharing the steps that worked for you. I'm glad the Alexa app is working well on yours and your wife's Sense and I hope both of you continue enjoying the Fitbit experience. Have you heard about the Health & Wellness board? In this board you'll be able to tell your success stories, meet more people and find tips to reach your fitness goals.

Have a nice day! 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, crazy....after trying everything else I can think of...uninstalling the Amazon Shopping app from my phone and leaving it off, I was able to authenticate Alexa to work on m Versa 2.  I reinstalled the Amazon Shopping app afterward..

Best Answer