Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Firmware 44.128.6.17

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just got a notification, there is a new firmware available, would be interestring to know what has changed. Can't find any info anywhere....

Fitbit user since September 2019
Sense2 Sense, Charge3, Android, Windows
Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

We’re excited to announce a firmware update for Sense. Some of you might already have this update available. If you installed it, let us know what you think!

We release updates to customers in phases. If you don’t see it, check the Fitbit app in a few days, and you’ll see a message when you can install the update. We appreciate your patience while we get this update to all of our customers. 

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

See What's changed in the latest Fitbit device update? for release notes.

HOW DO I UPDATE?

See How do I update my Fitbit device? for step-by-step instructions for updating your Sense. If you run into difficulty updating, see Why can't I update my Fitbit device?

We’re interested in hearing your feedback on this update! Let us know what you like! If you encounter unexpected behavior during or after your update, please post the details below.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
18 REPLIES 18

For sure one thing changed - version number 🤣

My current version ends with 12 so only very minor version changed which suggests that nothing significant has been updated.

Best Answer

I detailed here: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Sense/Firmware-update-6-17/m-p/5203032

Fitbit Ionic 72.1.15 (recalled) and Fitbit Sense 128.6.17
Best Answer

Bug fixes and performance improvements

Best Answer

Well, that is what they always say, and it tells me absolutely nothing... 

Fitbit user since September 2019
Sense2 Sense, Charge3, Android, Windows
Best Answer

Thanks for your posts @LokeAa and @Jdsenter 

As bug fixes and performance improvements tells us nothing, I'm sticking with 44.128.5.38 which seems to work just fine [apart from poor vibration and floors and HR problems]. Unless those are notified as being fixed there wouldn't be any point in introducing other problems.

Incidentally two curious observations.

1) The new firmware available notice in the Fitbit App has disappeared and checking for updates now returns watch is up-to-date, where previously it said there was an update.

Presumably it is downloading the newer version and as that is incomplete the older 128.6. 12 is no longer available - often during the download period, which can be days, the phone battery lasts less long.

2) When the notice will finally reappear in the Fitbit App, it won't indicate what is the new [or the old] version - so if the message hadn't disappeared the fact that there is a second update from mine would not have been detectable in the App.

Lastly they might be aligning the OS to the same level as newer watches about to be announced?

There may be an SDK 6.2 ? announcement soon corresponding to this update.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

I updated my Sense last night and did 2 hours of HIIT workouts this morning.

My Sense has always had very poor heart rate monitoring, which I compare to my chest strap heart monitor during workouts.

Today I did notice that I had 160 Fitbit Zone minutes for the workout, which is higher than usual. Hopefully this means the firmware update has improved heart rate tracking for me

Best Answer

I chatted with support yesterday about my sleep log not being correct. They said a new release is coming out and they mentioned 44.128.6.17.

He said just keep syncing every 15 minutes as it is coming out. I tried and did not see any change to the firmware  ending in .12 that I have. 

I wish Google/ Fitbit would get their act together. 

Good Luck

Best Answer

Just got got that notice to upgrade today. It took well over an hour. No changes that I noticed 

Best Answer
0 Votes

We’re excited to announce a firmware update for Sense. Some of you might already have this update available. If you installed it, let us know what you think!

We release updates to customers in phases. If you don’t see it, check the Fitbit app in a few days, and you’ll see a message when you can install the update. We appreciate your patience while we get this update to all of our customers. 

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

See What's changed in the latest Fitbit device update? for release notes.

HOW DO I UPDATE?

See How do I update my Fitbit device? for step-by-step instructions for updating your Sense. If you run into difficulty updating, see Why can't I update my Fitbit device?

We’re interested in hearing your feedback on this update! Let us know what you like! If you encounter unexpected behavior during or after your update, please post the details below.

Best Answer

I updated to this new fw release on my sense and verified the fw version with “about sense”. The strange thing is the Fitbit app still keeps showing “fw update available”. I kept updating three times and confirmed it is still the same fw version 

Best Answer

I have the latest update and very often the sleep data is not working properly. Please get someone on it, we are relying on Fitbit / Google to get this right!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back to us @PeterWu and @Albysea

@PeterWu, have you followed the steps of: Why can't I update my Fitbit device?

Thank you for your comments @Albysea, your feedback is appreciated. 

Have a nice day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So far my floors are way off, my touch screen doesn't respond at all, and my battery drains much faster. How do I go back a version?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Elle32 - you can't go back unfortunately, but try sync and then Shutdown from the watch Settings menu. Wait at least 10 seconds before placing on the charger to restart it and charge it.

It may resolve some issues.

Often good to restart the phone to be sure if a good connection too.

Best Answer

The latest firmware update 44.128.6.17 is causing rapid battery drain. My sense just started drawing battery quickly this weekend where I'm having to charge twice a day. I turned off all battery draining features which doesn't help. I've addressed it it with Fitbit and all they offer is 35% off a new device if you pass the warranty period. This reminds me of what Apple did years ago in order to force customers to upgrade. I got my sense in January 2022. The latest generation of the sense and versa don't seem to be much better based on reviews. 

Frustrating.

Best Answer

Hi @Dbo1123 - not sure how you detect this old firmware update suddenly causes this problem. There are quite a few other causes, the most notable is the watch is damaged, possibly by water getting in, or issues with syncing and the phone. These need to be investigated as to what the real source of the problem is.

If it gets hot while charging stop immediately the watch is damaged.

If the draining stops when you turn off Bluetooth on all your devices look at that issue.

Best Answer
Not having this problem, good luck with your Fitbit

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Dbo1123 wrote:

The latest firmware update 44.128.6.17 is causing rapid battery drain. My sense just started drawing battery quickly this weekend where I'm having to charge twice a day. I turned off all battery draining features which doesn't help. I've addressed it it with Fitbit and all they offer is 35% off a new device if you pass the warranty period. This reminds me of what Apple did years ago in order to force customers to upgrade. I got my sense in January 2022. The latest generation of the sense and versa don't seem to be much better based on reviews. 

Frustrating.

I'm not having any issues with my Sense. I highly doubt that FitBit intentionally bricked devices just to try to force people into buying a new watch. It's unfortunate that the customer service rep you spoke with did not try to help troubleshoot the problem, but I just don't believe that FitBit is intentionally bricking our watches.

Best Answer