Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No GPS on Sense

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Why is there no GPS on Sense, all my other devices can accuqire the GPS without any problem and here I am trying to search internet for last 4 hours and trying everything found there and no positive results. How can I get some help here from Fitbit!

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

I had the same problem when I first got my new sense. I found that if you start your run and don't bother looking it will connect. My Ionic never had an issue connecting in my house but the sense seems to need a clearer view of the sky before it connects.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @SunsetRunner - each exercise has the option to use GPS in it's settings, swipe up the exercise to see the settings and there you can turn it off.

As @mixelplex - GPS probably needs clear access to the skies to get a reasonable signal.

Also as the GPS uses more battery the watch needs to be reasonably charged otherwise it may not engage, or disengage to save battery for more essential stuff.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I dont really see the problem here of surrounding, the sky is as clear as it can get and also no big trees or buildings, kind of a Farms around !

battery is another issue of this device, but it is charged up.

If the fitbit has the sense to stop GPS when battery is low, it should also give this as an error or warning rather than saying .. trying to connect and then saying no gps signal.

It seems now after several restarts that it conencts and disconnects in the same place, so now I have no understanding that if really the Sky is the problem for this device. 

Best Answer
0 Votes