Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem restarting Sense

I sometimes have to restart my Sense to reconnect to my phone. It should be fairly easy, by pressing and holding the button on the left side. Unfortunately when I do this, it opens a dialog about configuring my vocal assistant, and usually it gets stuck there, no matter how long I continue to hold the button pressed. 

Sometimes after about 20 seconds it opens the Credit card action and tells me to hold the watch near the **ahem**. And sometimes after a L-O-N-G time it actually shows the Fitbit logo and actually restarts the watch.

This is causing me enormous problems in conjunction with the recent problems with maintaining the Bluetooth connection. (See separate post.) Re-establishing the Bluetooth connection sometimes requires me to restart the watch. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@Bvlenci - as a follow up to your other post try restarting the watch by holding the watch button for a full 10 seconds till it blanks or vibrates and then wait for the logo to appear and for it to start.

If you don't use the button often practice using it to turn off and on the display, this may help you with the long press. Usually holding the watch between finger and thumb so the fleshy part covers the hole will work well.

If you stop pressing too early you'll end up in other functions assigned to the button.

Often toggling Bluetooth can help reconnect. This might be easier if it works.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately uninstalling the Fitbit app on my old phone hasn't solved the problem. The Bluetooth connection dropped again yesterday evening. It was ten hours (seven of which I was sleeping) before I realized it, and I missed numerous messages.

The real problem is that it doesn't reconnect automatically, or even manually. Under the phone settings, it shows the Sense as a saved device, and shows "connect" as an option. However nothing happens if you press "connect". The only way to reconnect is to restart the phone. This has been true ever since I first began using the Sense. 

No other Bluetooth device I own misbehaves so badly. Fitbit has now been effectively taken over by Google. One would think that since the watch is theirs and Android is theirs, a bit more compatibility would be in order.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Bvlenci- the only thing you can do with the Sense Bluetooth entry is unpair it. The Sense controls entry is only operational when it is needed for calls, everything else is done by the Fitbit App.

The new V4 Fitbit App can suffer from connection problems. Restarting the phone and/or watch or merely toggling the phone Bluetooth off and on may also help getting it temporarily connected again.

Make sure that the Fitbit App has been granted access to run in background on the phone.

If you want a quick way to check the watch situation directly you can use the SimpleCheckUp app on the watch to verify when it last synced and if it can connect with the phone

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes