Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Responsiveness of Sense screen

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The more I wear my Sense, the more I dislike it (my son says hate is a strong word).  The responsiveness of the screen is terrible.  I've read a number of posts - some say tap twice, some say tap towards the bottom, one says use a jackhammer...  You'd think with a name like Sense it would be 'sensitive'.  When I do tap hard enough for however many times, the screen is already 2 or 3 screens past where I want to be.  I've talked with customer service and their only solution is to restart the device.  Did anyone actually do any physical user testing of the Sense and see how it really worked?  It doesn't matter how many features it has if you can't actually get to them.  So disappointed.

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @KAnnM.

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing your experience. I understand how you are feeling and appreciate your feedback as it helps us to keep improving. Thank you for trying to resolve the issue and contacting our Support team regarding this. If you continue experiencing difficulties, please feel free to contact our Support team back as they have already all the details and special tools to continue assisting you. 

See you around.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for responding! I actually didn't expect an answer. I will
contact support again. This is actually my 4th fitbit and the first one
I've ever had issues with.
Best Answer

I couldn’t agree more. The poor responsiveness is so frustrating. I really regret purchasing it at this point. 

Best Answer

Unlike the earlier (Charge, One, Zip, Flex) models, the Sense has a touch screen. Your double tap should really be a double touch, the same type of touch used when typing on the phones screen. 

Then Sense is also not very forgiving and if the finger slides while tapping, the touch is detected as a swipe. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm beginning to think maybe my Sense is defective? It doesn't respond to
a double touch, either. The most accessible approach I've found is to hold
the screen between my thumb and forefinger and and press the button on the
side - which is inconvenient while exercising or driving.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Totally agree.  It is either hyper sensitive or non responsive 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Don't tap at all is the solution no need as you simple press the side button taping the watch is horrendous and more likely to cause harm to the watch by the time you tap it twice you could have pushed the side button thrice sorry couldn't help myself. so plainly put use the side button for waking your watch I have mine set to motion and button to do so taping the watch is reserved for short cuts in my opinion. if you choose to ignore my advice about the tapping you will stay frustrated forever about it simple push the button.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for the advice. Though it is very inconvenient to reach across
your body, place your fingers strategically on the side of the watch to
press while doing any vigorous exercise.
Best,
Kim
Best Answer

It is indeed frustrating. It only works a few seconds after the screen has been awakened by either wirst motion or pressing the button. However if it's "asleep" the tap to wake feature hardly works - sometimes requiring 6-7 hard taps before it comes on. 

Was hoping this would have been fixed in latest software update but it has not. It's a feature that does not work as intended and clearly not an isolated issue if you look through the forums. 

Agreed also that reaching across to press the button is hardly ideal, especially when excercising. Hopefully this gets fixed, some day.

Best Answer

Don’t know if Fitbit is acknowledging this as an issue but this my second sense and I think I will take it back to bestbuy.  Not sure if I will try and replace it with a third sense or just give up.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I found a special trick to make double tap working, at least it works 9 out of 10 for me. The taps must be reasonable firm and on second tap keep the finger on the screen, dont lift it

Best Answer

Tried this suggestion but still does not work for me. I find if I double tap the bottom of the watch (not the screen but the bottom area where the metal wraps around the face) it tends to work better. 

Best Answer
0 Votes