Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Face just feel off

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Sense screen just fell off. I had watch for 15 months. I rarely exercise and I never expose it to excessive heat or any water. So it is obviously design flaw caused by either issues with device design or quality of materials used. 

I reached out to customer service and was told since I live in the USA they will not replace, but if I was in EU or UK my warranty period would be 24 months and they would replace it. 

Instead I was offered 35% on the purchase of next product. Which as a bit bizarre because obviously I lost confidence in the Fitbit company and their hardware quality. Even though it just fell off on its own and no fault of end-user and customer support following the Fitbit policy refuses to help with repair or issuing replacement.

In summary, Fitbit policy assumes that the product lifespan of the watches is 12 months. Except EU and UK where it is 24 months (which makes me wonder if they receive better quality of the watches). 

I would understand if it was my fault via my actions that broke the watch - for example if I would be careless and accidently throw the watch into the oven or leave it next to a stove. In that case I would be ashamed to even reach out to customer support as I would knew I was at fault. But I took really good care of it - I used it primarily to track my sleep. I had it only 15 months. 

Now can someone tell me how this watch supposed to be water-resistant when even without contact with water the face comes off? Is that fault of the manufacturer or the end-user?

Overall based on the above it is hard to believe that Fitbit is caring about its users. I know its a business for profit but this kind of attitude towards customer is very short-sighted. I have seen it is a common issue based on posts of many people on this forum and all over the internet. This does not include people that do not post here about their experiences of watch face coming off on its own. Anyway, eventually those issues will bubble up and propagate causing Fitbit to loose their customers on behalf of the competitors, but then it will be much harder to change public opinion and catch up.

Also after that incident I feel guilty to recommend Fitbit to my friends and relatives as many of them purchased the device trusting my opinion.

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

The face of my Sense watch fell off yesterday.  Called them up and spoke to a nice person.  She ended up just giving me a 35% off a new device from fitbit.  Wow, this has to be a defect because my watch is not abused at all.  They don't even offer a repair service for their product.  What a bummer.  Have been using fitbit for years starting with the first one they sold.  I will try to fix this one myself or change to a different company.  I would advise others to do the same.  

Best Answer

+1 tesla1986. I am exactly in the same situation - Took good care of the watch, no exposure to excessive heat or water but in 15 months the screen came off. Considering the cost of $249+ tax which is a lot,15 months is too less a time. The product quality is bad that it simply falls apart in about a n year or so and the warranty is only for a year. FitBit does not really care as they give discount codes to make you buy another watch whose screen might come off in the next 15 months. Anybody that reads this, please do not plunk money into a Fitbit watch but consider all options in the market as Fitbit will not have have your back for their fault in selling you an expensive product that will not last long. I am going to see all options to fix my Fitbit sense by myself but will never buy another FitBit again! FitBit does not care about their customers, they just want us to keep buying their defective products with our hard earned money!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes