Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense Chager Pin Recessed

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This is apparently a continuing issue with a charger pin that use has resulting being recessed so mcontact cannot be made with the Sense watch terminal, thus resulting in the watcyh cannot be charged. Accoding to YOUTUBEroprts.com this has been reported to FITBIT technical support but no fix has been forthcoming - jusr buy another charger again and again. My original,lasted more than a year and thus is oot of warrenty. Because I wear mine all the thime and excercise I need to charge every 3 to 4 days.Becasue the magnets are so strong it can "snap" into place whether the pins are aligned or not.I believe that this creates a "hammer" that one pin is driven into the charger. Maybe a simple removeable "shim" placed over the pins and removed when the charger is in place and then rempved could be a simple temporary fix. A new design of the charger with pins of a larger base might also work long term. Ahother fix might be like another wireless charger watch that does not use pins.

Thanks for liistening.

Henry Halladay

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi @henryhalladay - wireless charging would sure solve the issue but unfortunately it is what it is and even the new Sense 2 retains the same approach.

If you inspect your watch and pin carefully you probably will find the corresponding hole slightly tarnished compared to the others and the pin itself may be shorter (rather than just pushed in).

If this is the case for you it would seem that poor contact is the initial cause, leading to sparking and overheating causing the pin or the pin supports to melt over time merely compounding the problem.

Then there is also the case of possible shorting when attaching to the charger if it is plugged in first.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes