Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense is frozen on Fitbit logo

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I was in the middle of the last update on my new sonic, when I had to leave for an emergency and I separated the phone and the tracker mid-update. 
when I returned, the tracker was frozen with a flashing logo, flashing about 5 seconds apart. I tried to hard reset, I tried to let it go out of battery, everything failed. As soon as I recharge, it goes back to the flashing logo. (If there’s a way, I can provide a video)

Anyway, any tip of how to reset the tracker, so that I can update again and use it? Or, it’s time to return the tracker and have it fixed by the manufacturer?

Thank you!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Hi @Calinus  - if a firmware update is interrupted at a critical point, there seems to be no recovery possible.

If it's under warranty, 1 to 2 years depending on country law, the quickest way to resolve it is to take it back to where you bought it for replacement.

You can always chat via the Fitbit App, click profile photo, Help & support, Contact Customer support, to confirm it can't be recovered.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

Thank you! It sure seems to be the case. It’s a relatively new purchase. I’ll return it for another one, unless they have a way to fix it and return it to me. 
Thanks, again,

Calin

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, @Calinus@Guy_ Thanks for stopping by to help our member.

@Calinus Thanks for the details provided and the time taken in troubleshooting your Sense prior to posting. Also, for your willingness in sharing a video. I'm sorry you're having this experience and in case you want to give it one last try, let me recommend setting it up as a new device to see if that helps by following these steps:

1. Forget your Sense from the Bluetooth settings.
  2. Turn off other Bluetooth connections nearby and force quit the Fitbit app.
  3. Restart your watch one more time and connect it to the charging cable.
  4. Open the Fitbit app, tap your profile picture > Set Up a Device.
  5. Select your Sense, tap Replace Device and follow the on-screen instructions.
  6. Once you're prompted, proceed with the firmware update and wait until it's completed.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you, I’ll try. I have nothing to lose at this point. Hope it works. If it does, I’ll let you know. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m sorry, tried twice, did not work. Seems like it needs to be sent back to be replaced…

Thank you, anyway. 
calin

Best Answer

I have the same problem.  It seems like interrupting the update messes up the device's ability to connect via bluetooth.     

Is there a way to re-set or update a Sense via the USB cable being hooked up to a PC?

Chris

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @cfpower - there doesn't seem to be a super reset built in to the watched for the case of a failed firmware update. 

The only option is another factory reset if it is still possible 

How a firmware update can destroy it's Bluetooth ability is a mystery, there may be some other issue, like it's got into a perpetual loop so can't respond.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes