Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense Core temperature not recorded

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

If the Sense can calculate temperature variation from core temperature then why can't I see it record my actual base temperature? There is a tile/page to display this data but mine is blank. Why? How do I correct this?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Some fitbit models help us track temperature but it's confusing because they handle skin temperature and core temperature differently. Your Sense can track your skin temperature at night and log variation automatically but it can't track your core temperature - this must be measured using a thermometer. If you take your temperature and log it manually then it can show trends.

There's a good help article on this at https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2458.htm

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Some fitbit models help us track temperature but it's confusing because they handle skin temperature and core temperature differently. Your Sense can track your skin temperature at night and log variation automatically but it can't track your core temperature - this must be measured using a thermometer. If you take your temperature and log it manually then it can show trends.

There's a good help article on this at https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2458.htm

Best Answer

My point is that there is a tile for this that is blank. To get a variation the sense must be comparing to a base of skin temp and must be recording the current skin temperature. So why can't we see this temperature?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is your Sense new? I understand that it can take a few days of tracking skin temperature at night to establish a baseline before it will start showing variations. The Core temperature tile will be blank unless you manually record it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ah!

I know it's quite an old subject that you answered....but for ages (since I've had my sense well over a year now) I've been puzzled why it never measured my "core temperature" whilst it was measuring and recording skin temperature fine

I didn't realise that it had to be recorded manually....until I found your very helpful answer!

Best Answer