Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense Firmware Update OS 5.2 (128.5.38)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 6/14/2021:

This update should now be available to all customers! If you have any difficulty updating, make sure you are following the directions in this article, and then provide as many specific details as possible in your post so that we can assist.

We’re excited to announce that a firmware update for Sense will be available soon!  Some of you may already have this update available - if you installed it, let us know what you think!

If you don’t see the update yet, that’s expected. Check the Fitbit app in a few days, and you’ll see a message when you can install the update. We expect everyone to receive the update in the coming weeks. We appreciate your patience while we get this update to all of our customers. 

Did you know that we gradually release our updates? We do this to make sure everything is working just right for you. Sometimes we find an issue and it might take a little longer than expected for everyone to get the update. While you might see suggestions on how to “force” an update, we ask that you don’t try any of these workarounds. Most of the time the update won’t be available and you can lose data or encounter other difficulties. The best way to get the update is to be patient and wait for the update banner to appear in the Fitbit app.  

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

You can find release notes here.

HOW DO I UPDATE?

Step by step instructions for updating your Sense can be found here.

If you run into any trouble updating, review these troubleshooting tips

WANT TO TAKE A DEEPER LOOK? 

Check out our blog post here

We’re interested in hearing your feedback on this update! Let us know what you like! If you encounter unexpected behavior during or after your update, please post the details below.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey everyone! First off, I wanted to thank you all for your participation in this thread. Secondly, since the majority of Sense users have reported successfully updating to Fitbit OS 5.2 (128.5.38), I am closing this thread. If you still have not updated your Sense to the latest firmware version, check out this post for some best practices on how to update your device. 

If you are experiencing an issue with your Sense unrelated to the firmware-up process, I invite you to start a new topic on the community or find a related topic. You can always get in touch with our Support team via chat or phone if you need further assistance.

Thanks again for all feedback on this release.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
284 REPLIES 284

I received my Fitbit Sense on May 19th.  I've had to charge it three times since.  Battery life is horrible.  The watch freezes constantly.  I haven't tried using this watch to its full potential.  I have nothing extra set up.

I contacted support...what a painful process.  I was given the standard info on saving battery that most of everyone here got.  Everyone seemed to be missing that this has been going on since I took it out of the box!

I was told that a firmware update was being pushed to the Sense.  44.128.5.38.  I was told it would take 48 hours and to keep syncing.  Well, that has come and gone.  I contacted support again and was told it was 100% complete and pushed it to the phone.  I'm like it isn't complete cause I don't see it.

I have a RA for this watch.  I can send it back today and move on to something else.  The issue is, I really want to see this update.  I want to see if it fixes things.  I like the design of the watch.  I like the fact that it has an "all in one" app.  I can track everything from it.  Heck, I'll even pay for the premium once my six months is up.

I just need confirmation that the issues are being worked on and that this firmware update exists.  IF not,  I will return it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can't judge if update will fix your problems, but despite what support may have told you, my experience is that it can take several days for a just-purchased fitbit to get firmware update.  When it is ready, there will be an obvious notice on your phone app.  Unless you have a strict timeline to return it, I suggest waiting to get update.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply.

I am using an Android phone that is up to date with the Android OS app.  The firmware on my Sense is 44.128.4.17.  This seems to be the official version.

Do you know of anyone using 44.128.5.38?  As I can't find any information on Fitbit's site for it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

beta users' last build was 44.128.5.38. Dunno if it made it to all users yet or not.

Best Answer

It must be something that is going to be rolled out then,   That would make sense why the support team were able to see it on the back end.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Sense is also running 44.128.4.17.  

I'm in a similar boat to you I think, I love the all in one Fitbit app, I love Fitbit Premium (and will keep it going after 6 months) The Sense though, underwhelming.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I recently had an update to Fitbit Sense Firmware Version 44.128.5.38

The only thing I noticed so far is Google Assistant will talk to you.

Anyone else get this update?  I can't find any info on it or any details.

Thanks in advance 🙂

Best Answer

Hello Moderators, possible to have infos on that ? I think we 've been waiting too longue for an update !

Best Answer

Was this for the Sense? I saw the Versa had a new beta out. I would expect the Sense forum would be talking about this if it was released. Are you a beta tester?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did anyone get it yet?

Best Answer

No.  I sure hope something fixes my Sense.   For the last two weeks I have to reset up my device to get it to sync. 

Best Answer

There have been a few posts. 

I see today we now have a blog entry about this update. 

Best Answer

Mine doesn't leave the initial fitbit logo

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @IgorR11 I've moved your post to keep from hijacking the thread. 

Have you setup the tracker

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes it gets stuck in the fitbit logo

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just completed the update of my Sense to the latest version - 44.128.5.38. Now when I press and hold the side button the ECG app does not start.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was able to get it working. I opened the app on my phone, opened the device and selected the Apps tile. The ECG app was in need of an update. Hopefully this will make the ECG and Heart Rate more accurate. Once this completed I was able to open the ECG app on the Sense. It needed to be configured as if it were the first time installing it. I wish they had redesigned the app so you can read the live results instead of it being blocked out by the timer. Also they should've change the phone app so you can read the results with just a tap like others such as heart rate, steps, etc.

Best Answer

You say that ECG doesn't start. Does it try to start? 

I'm wondering if the update changed your quick menus. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The app wouldn't even open when I pressed and held the side button. I think it was related to the phone ECG app requiring an update as well.

Best Answer
0 Votes