Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense - Skin Temperature Sensor

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi guys,

It seems there are already some threads about the unclear information about features locked behind a subscription plan.

Let's take for example the On-Wrist Skin Temperature Sensor. The official website says:

Sense tracks your skin temperature each night to show how it varies from your personal baseline, so you can be aware of your trends over time.*

And on the bottom it clarifies it as *Only available in the Fitbit app and only displays variation.

There is no mention that this requires Fitbit Premium. So does this mean that when I buy the device and I don't have a premium subscription I will be able to see and track my temperature variation within the app?

Thanks.

Best Answer
18 REPLIES 18

I just got off a chat with support.

Basically I canceled my order.

It turns out that if you are not in US please be careful!

- ECG won't be available for other countries and it is unknown when it will be.

- Temperature variation(the On-Wrist Skin Temperature Sensor) will be also restricted to specific countries and it is unknown which ones. So I am guessing US only again.

After those two I stopped asking for more since I won't spend a bag of money for half or less of all the cool features they advertise.

Fitbit got me to buy Ionic the same way - with promises for amazing features like catching signs of sleep apnea. Such features never saw implementation and the Ionic is now 3 years old.

P.S.

So it doesn't matter if the temperature variation feature is behind a subscription any more because it is unknown if we will get it at all(except US).

Best Answer

@xchatter 

That’s very useful thanks 

Ioninc is very cheap right now. Would you recommend it for £150?

Best Answer

Hi @JeffMindlin ,

In my opinion it is too late to buy the Ionic. It is 3 years old. For such tech this is a lot.

I would suggest to look at the newer models. Probably they come with updated sensors.

The "smart" features on the Ionic(for which it was advertised so much) were never very good compared to smartwatches. 

Let's not forget also that the Ionic is one of the most fragile devices that Fitbit has. I think there are barely any users that got their device to last more than 1-1.5 years.

Best Answer

Thanks for that I have a versa 2 but wild like onboard gps and music storage. 

Best Answer

Both of these 2 mentioned options are very much determined by the laws of the local government regulations and certifications.  Sorry but Fitbit has no control over.

Best Answer

@Rich_Laue 

No but I wonder if you will agree that they could be clear and honest about which features are available where -  they keep quiet about that. It’s all small print and detective work by us. 
In my opinion it’s misleading advertising. 

Best Answer

Keep an eye on the help pages, the Sense Manual should be released soon

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am wondering if I should cancel my order after what you have discovered about the availability of key services to other countries other than the US.

I fell for it with "Active 2" and don't want to go through the same experience.

Imagine paying for "Fitbit Premium" Subscription and not being able to use the sensors. That would be the cherry on top.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It seems with pre-orders we don't get anything extra so there is no point for us outside US to rush. I think we can wait and see what is available and working and then get the device if it's worth it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My ionic is still going strong 

Best Answer
0 Votes

As is mine, 3 years now!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Many of these options are subject to local requlations. Fitbit needs to work with each country individually. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would. After 2 years the battery still lasts longer than 6 days and when it needs to update it does it fast. It's clunky for me but I'm a woman with small wrists. The Ionic is the most reliable Fitbit I ever used and I won't give mine away even though I have the new Sense now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just bought a Sense.  The ECG works in Canada.  Only thing I can't get to work is skin temp.  Not sure if I need premium to get that.  Anybody know?

Best Answer
0 Votes

balugamama, it takes few days for it to kick in, there's no country restriction on the temparture. Same for the stress management tool.

Best Answer
Thanks for your response. I've been wearing it for 4 nights. I thought it
would kick in after 3 nights. Do I need premium for this to work tho?
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm not sure, because I got a year of premium with the device, but I don't think it is. If you have the button in the menu, then you should be fine. I waited for the stress management data to show up for 5 days even if it says it should show up in 3 days. 
just wait for few more days and ask the support if it doesn't show up.

Best Answer
Thank you. Guess I'm just impatient being my usual self. Will wait for
another few days.
Best Answer
0 Votes