Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense adding steps and stairs

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just bought the SENSE 3 days ago. It tracks steps and stairs way more than i actually do. And sometimes the app won't let me add a "driving" exercise to override it. Everything is updated and i shouldn't have to restart or reset a device i bought less than a week ago. Absolutely too sensitive. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

Hi, @BaileeHolmes welcome to the community, you obviously know about the "driving" edit. You ask about two data points -

Restarting and resetting your device should not be necessary. I hope this is helpful.

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK
AWAKE! for morning in the bowl of light has cast the stone that set the stars to flight.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It would be one thing if it was adding 10, 20, or even up to 100 steps. It's adding THOUSANDS of steps. And a huge number of stairs. But when it goes from 300 steps to 4000 in less than 5 minutes of driving, something is wrong with the device. I drive nearly 200 miles everyday and adding the driving exercises doesn't instantly update the steps on either the app or the device for me so i don't know if ive done it correctly until the next day. I shouldn't have to worry about whether or not my device is going to be in the realm of accuracy, especially at a price point of $300. 

Best Answer

Hi, @BaileeHolmes, thanks for the feedback. I know there have been posts with a similar problem and I do not know from my own experience what might be the cause. I get data that seems to be accurate. May I suggest an experiment? have a family member or close friend wear the device to see if they have the same experience. It is of course always possible there is a manufacturing fault in which case your best way forward would be to contact "Customer Support" here  I recommend you use the chat facility or phone for a prompt response.

Let us know how you get on.

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK
AWAKE! for morning in the bowl of light has cast the stone that set the stars to flight.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I feel your pain.  I have had a Fitbit Sense for about 6 or 8 months.  I noticed one day that I got a huge number of steps and then:

1. 12/20/2021 – 48, 832 steps between 7:45 am and 8:00 am
    2. 12/15/2021 – 27,698 steps between 7:15 am and 7:30 am
    3. 12/03/2021 -  1,785 steps every 15 minutes between 12:00 am and 1:15 am
    4. 12/01/2021 – 1,755 steps every 15 minutes between 12:00 am and 12:30 am
    5. 11/29/2021 – 94,491 steps between 2:00 am and 2:15 am - REALLY
    6. 11/26/2021 – 75,439 steps between  2:00 am and 2:15 am

After 3 calls to Fitbit support, nothing has been resolved.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for you info. I got this for Christmas and it looks like it's going to be returned. I can't deal with these numbers.

Best Answer
0 Votes

the issue is, it is extremely sensitive while driving. I shouldn't have to log my drive time anytime I go somewhere. That's a big extra load to place on the consumer, especially when all the previous FitBit Models i've had haven't had this issue. It seems like the technology for your devices has taken a huge step backwards with no remedy in sight, since I can find threads from years ago with this issue

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am happy to report that we have reached a satisfactory fix.

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue with my Sense and I also have it synced to an S10e like the OP. What was the remedy?

Also could this remedy fix the sudden battery drain I've experienced in the last 3 days? I usually charged it 1x a week but 3 days ago it started going from full charge to 5% in 1 day with the screen on sleep and not tracking anything but steps. What's going on there?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I replaced the watch.

Dennis Goodman
Best Answer
0 Votes