Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense battery draining quickly

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

My fitbit Sense is three days old and the battery has already needed recharging. I don't have any notifications (email, phone, health) on and don't have the display on always on. I turned GPS off all the exercise tracking options. Which leads me to question why I bought a smartwatch that needs all the smart options turned off to deliver promised battery life. The battery has already drained 12% in seven hours. At this rate I will need to charge this six day battery every two days.

I am so disappointed. I am regretting this purchase already. 

Any insight or help is appreciated. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
99 REPLIES 99

Hi everyone. It's good to see participating in the forums and welcome to our new members.

As a friendly reminder, if you have a different Fitbit device or question, I'd encourage you to share your comments in the correct board of the Help Forums so you can have more chances to receive help from the moderators and the Community.

@Dreaming1999200 and @abausch, I appreciate your efforts while troubleshooting your watches. As mentioned above, as with any electronic device you may have to charge your watch more often when using certain apps and features. I see where you're coming from about having this type of experience and if the battery continues draining even after taking these tips into consideration, please let me know so I can get you in touch with our team.

@Tomishy and @Dazzar33, thanks for sharing detailed information about your experience with the Sense and the steps tried on your own. I've contacted our Support team and requested a case on your behalf so you can receive further assistance. Please note that due to recent events affecting our operations there might be a delay in their reply, but they'll get in touch with you soon.

@Meech123 and @dharkephoenyx, thanks for joining this thread and for the information provided. I understand where you're coming from as the battery last longer. I was checking your details and it seems that you already have a case created with the Support team. I was told they're working with you, so please keep an open communication with them.

@haddadgeorge, thanks for getting back and sharing your thoughts about your Sense. I'm sorry that the battery is still draining and because you have a case created I'd recommend to reply back to their last email so they can look into your watch's behavior and provide you with further details.

I'll be around if you have another question.

Best Answer
0 Votes

drains more than 25% of battery in less than a day. I have un-installed all apps that I could; turned of Notification, dimmed the light, reduced the vibrations, have not set up Wallet, Voice Assist etc.. The battery performance is so disappointing. More disappointing is not being able to figure out what is draining it.. Such poor performing device. This one will likely getting returned if I can find a fix.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Same here and Fitbit customer service reach out to try to figure it out but no solution after couple months. They ask a question every couple weeks or so and disappear, making you fell that they are working with you on something. Disappointing product and disappointing customer service so far.
I do not use anything special and not downloaded anything extra. I use SPO2 (the reason I got it) on and off and barely now do the different exercises on it to save battery. It completely drains every 3 days.
I think this is what it is for the battery; false advertisement and representation of their product.
Best Answer

Hi @WItheld-Name, welcome to the Community. @haddadgeorge, it's good to see you again.

@WItheld-Name, thanks for sharing detailed information about your Sense, as well for every step tried prior to posting. I understand where you're coming from and because your watch isn't working correctly, I recommend getting in touch with our Support team via chat or phone so they can evaluate your watch's behavior and provide you with further assistance.

@haddadgeorge, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about this situation and I'm sorry for the inconvenience experienced. Due to the current events affecting our operations, there might the delayed response from our team. However, be sure that your case is on good hands and they'll get in touch with you soon.

Have a good day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

In the last 4 days I’ve had to recharge my Sense twice with both days it going dead. Shouldn’t have to watch for the battery to go dead every 2 days. I don’t even get a low battery notification until after I charge it back up. Starting to regret this watch if I wanted to charge every day I would have bought another iWatch. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Craigthor, welcome. It's good to see a new face around the forums.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I understand how you're feeling about your Sense not holding charge, I'm sorry for this inconvenience. Because your post didn't mention, may I know if you've followed the tips described in this help article? As mentioned before, the battery life of your watch will depend on how frequent certain features are used such as tracking your SpO2 or GPS data, using an animated clock face or having the Always-On Display option turned on. If the issue persists after taking these factors into consideration, please let me know so I can continue helping you.

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes
It is the typical run around answer we get. No special feature or clock is used and the battery still runs out every 3 days. Elegant is the use of this watch if we can not use its features to avoid battery running out?!!! Ridiculous support so far.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Considering I have nearly all the features turned off and it randomly dies after 2 days and has done it twice pretty sure the trouble shooting tips are a joke. The product seems to get worse as I use it, hell at least my iWatch I know it needs to be charged daily which is why I moved away from it. This is turning out to be the same. Though seems worse after the last update the watch did. Prior to that I was getting 4-5 days with features turned on. 

Best Answer

Same issue. Brand new Fitbit Sense, out the box, completes it's updates, nothing extra added or changed and the battery life is a weak 2 days.

Can Fitbit investigate what is causing this drain? My Versa 2 lasted a week easily.

Best Answer

The sense only gives you about two and half (some days) maybe 3 days but thats it before it needs to be charged again. The watch is not quick to repond when going to look at it without having to turn your wrist two or three times. The heart rate seems way off when choosing workout- I am sweating and can feel my heart rate up and it will say 80 and i am like no. But if I run it will be correct. They need to go back to the drawing board on this one. The ionic worked much better. 

Best Answer

I wonder if the Versa 3 has a better battery life? I do regret paying the extra for the Sense.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone. It's good to see you here again.

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about the Sense. I understand where you're coming from and let me explain that the suggestions posted above were shared to let you know what factors impact the battery life of your watch. This doesn't mean that you shouldn't use any of its features, but just to take those suggestions into consideration.

@Craigthor and @Dwayne73, if this issue persists on your watches, I'd suggest you to get in touch with our Support team so they can look deeper into your details and continue helping you with this matter. Click here to get connected with them via chat or phone.

@Donna80, because you already have a case created, I'd recommend to keep an open communication with our team so they can provide you with further assistance.

Have a good day.

Best Answer
0 Votes
No change on battery life drainage in sight with all the recommendation andnsuggestions you have offered so far!

Georges Haddad
Best Answer

Hi @haddadgeorge, welcome back to the forums.

I'm sorry that your Sense battery keeps draining even after trying the suggestions posted in this thread. Because you already have a case created, I'd suggest you to reply back to our Support team and continue working with them. That way you can receive further details and a resolution shortly. Please follow up with your email case should you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had exactly same experience. 

Best Answer

A lot of troubleshooting, time with Fitbit support team and tweaking multiple features without any success. Disabled most of the features including GPS, Voice support, Disabled Always On, Dim display, Light vibration, no FitBit Pay, never play music on Bluetooth, never used Wifi to connect or download music. Just basic health tracking (sleep, steps, SpO2 etc.) and it drains more than 25% within 24 hours and requires charging on the fourth day. Extremely Poor performance OR false advertising; either way very disappointing.    

Best Answer
0 Votes

Super disappointing to say the least, it got worse after the last watch update. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @brugy, welcome to the Community Forums. @WItheld-Name and @Craigthor, it's good to see you here.

@brugy, because your post didn't mention may I know if you've checked the tips described in this help article? As mentioned throughout this thread, there are certain features that impact the battery life of the Sense, specially if they're used too often such as GPS and SpO2 tracking. Please give them a try and monitor its behavior in the next days.

@WItheld-Name and @Craigthor, thanks for your continued feedback. Because the issue persists, please get in touch with our Support team as they've specialized tools to investigate the battery of your watches and help you with this matter. You can contact them via chat or phone by clicking here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This poor battery life seems to be a regular complaint, yet the only recourse offered is to turn off the features that were the reasons people bought the Sense in the first place. That seems ridiculous, you get the battery life promised only if you don't use any of the features that distinguish this from a simple step counter. Right now I don't use it to answer my phone, nor get notifications, nor get calendar reminders, nor get alarms, nor listen to music. I don't use SpO2, and have no extra apps installed. I have a simple clock face, set at dim, that only turns on for 10 seconds when I press the side. I use it to track exercise about 4 hours a week, all without GPS. Despite using almost NONE of the advanced features,  I must charge it every 2 days. I knew better than to buy another Fitbit, yet I convinced myself that they had to have learned to make the advanced features work without draining the battery. Stupid me for wasting hundreds of dollars for something barely better than a pedometer.

Best Answer

Hi @jah732 It's good to see you here.

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts about the Sense performance. I see where you're coming from about not being able to take advantage of its features. Before anything else, let me clarify that the tips suggested above were shared to help you maximizing the battery life. While this doesn't mean that you shouldn't use any of its features, it's just for you to take those conditions into consideration as the battery life of any electronic device will depend on how frequent certain features are used.

Because you're getting about 2 days despite of turning off those functions, please get in touch with our Support team so they can evaluate your options and bring you back on track. Click here to get connected with them via chat or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes