Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense battery draining quickly

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

My fitbit Sense is three days old and the battery has already needed recharging. I don't have any notifications (email, phone, health) on and don't have the display on always on. I turned GPS off all the exercise tracking options. Which leads me to question why I bought a smartwatch that needs all the smart options turned off to deliver promised battery life. The battery has already drained 12% in seven hours. At this rate I will need to charge this six day battery every two days.

I am so disappointed. I am regretting this purchase already. 

Any insight or help is appreciated. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
99 REPLIES 99

2 or 3 days?? I have to charge mine DAILY. yes I use the functions but not overly, keep the screen off and set to dim. if I turn off email, text, heart rate etc not much point in having a $300+ device 

Best Answer

Welcome to the forums, @ElleQue.

Thanks for sharing detailed information about your Sense. I'm sorry about the battery issues you've experienced. As mentioned before, the tips were suggested to help you improving the battery life however, it doesn't mean that you cannot use any of your watch's features. That being said, I was checking your details and I noticed that you already have a case created. Because our Support team is helping you with this matter, please make sure to follow their instructions and follow up with your email case should you have any further questions. 

Have a good day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not to mention that a good few of the features promised require a premium account. Kind of makes me wonder why I even bothered between that and the batter life. I have to pay more to have certain health measurements (that don’t always seem all that accurate) and a much crappier battery life than promised. Should’ve saved up for an Apple Watch at this rate. 

Best Answer

I've had my Fitbit Sense for 4 months now.  Originally I was getting about 6 days of usage even with the SpO2 watch face,  Past few weeks I thought I was charging it more often.   Then this week I noticed it is draining daily.  The only change in my usage is I turned on gps for a hike one day last week.  I charged it back up to 99% at noon today and changed it to a non-SpO2 watch face.  Now, four hours later it is down to 70%.  What gives?  Would a factory reset help?  

Best Answer

Third day in a row I woke up to a dead Sense!  I had it charged to 100% at 5:00 pm yesterday.  Looks like it conked out at about 8:30am this morning.  So, my battery lasted 15.5 hours with nothing going on... no exercises, no SpO2 data.  I didn't even look at it.   This is totally unacceptable.   Hopefully it is still under warranty.   I will try a hard reset before trying to return it.  

Best Answer

Hi @TechieChris and @Evanford. Welcome to the Community Forums.

Thanks for the information provided, as well for any step tried prior to posting. I understand where you're coming from about not being able to take advantage of your Sense due to the battery life. As mentioned above, while there are some tips that will improve the battery life, this doesn't mean that you shouldn't use its features. If you're not tracking GPS or SpO2 data and the battery still drains, please get in touch with our Support team so they can investigate on their end and provide you with assistance. Please click here to get connected with them via chat or phone.

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please don't tell people they're wrong.

Best Answer

I was having the same issues. I fully DELETED the sp02 app, had to unfortunately change my watch face (it was found thru the app but not made by fit bit & stopped tracking the date), turned off all exercise GPS tracking, I have the face set to dim, the auto wakeup to view the watch IS on and the vibration settings are on low.

finally it's holding a charge properly. perhaps these things can help you as well 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just bought the Sense & I am having the same issue, however my battery only last for one day!  I am very disappointed...

Best Answer
0 Votes

have you tried the changes I put into play that I mentioned above? I'm on day 4 now and my battery is at 65%.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought this specific Fitbit for the features it offers...now I have to delete and or not use them...just so I can get the battery life Fitbit advertises. That doesn't sit right with me! Very disappointed so far...I am changing my watch face to one that came with the Sense and did delete the one I downloaded (which did not include anything fancy like the SpO2...was pretty basic).

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm guessing the sp02 is something you want to keep using... and the gps tracking. perhaps if you turn the tracking off until you are working out?  I do get the frustration. I was a bit surprised myself and how many issues I have had. I've gone back to the watch face I like to see if problems start again.   I do get email & text notifications regularly, track my heart rate, steps, sleep & water intake.

maybe if you adjust a few of the settings (ie dim the view, turn down vibration) you'll find some improvements...? I think the sp02 was the main culprit and, yes, if they advertise these functions the battery should be made to handle them. 

Best Answer

I was having this same battery issue but after going into every exercise setting and turning off gps, that was turned on despite my knowledge, now the battery is acting great and not draining. Plus I always have my light dim and the vibrations low just by personal preference anyway I end I check co2 via app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have done all that.  My Sense definitely had an issue.  I tried ordering a new charging cable but before it arrived the watch completely died.  It wouldn't take a charge from any cable.  Since it was still under warranty the fine people at Fitbit support have sent out a new one.  It should arrive in a few days.  I didn't even have to send back the broken one.  Thanks Fitbit!   It will be interesting to see if this second one lasts more than four months.   

Best Answer

Hi everyone. It's great to see you around.

@ElleQue and @ElizabethAnnH Thanks for taking the time to share the tips that worked for you. I'm glad the battery is now lasting correctly and I hope you can keep crushing your steps with your Sense.

@leanna1996 Thanks for your thoughts about this situation. Let me clarify that our help article and product page describes what features impact the battery life. I understand your point of view about this situation and your feedback will be passed along to enhance the Fitbit experience with our products. If the issue persists after following the tips to maximize the battery life, I'd recommend contacting our Support team and share the steps you've tried. That way, they'll be able to evaluate your options and bring you back on track.

@Evanford I'm glad you'll receive a replacement soon from our Support team, and thanks for the details provided. Fitbit strives to improve products and services, and the input we receive from our users is truly appreciated. Please do know that no comment goes unnoticed.

See you around.

Best Answer

@ElleQue it sound like you stopped using a lot of the features to get the battery to hold a charge longer or did you reinstall the Spo2 app?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I received a replacement from Fitbit. Hope it is a better improved version of Sense!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
I did add sp02 back and and having no problems. I didn’t redo weather so I can’t say on it but I mainly disabled ir because I have no use to it when I check it on my phone. However. The phone and watch themselves log your mileage on your phone so I’m not sure why it superimposed gps on in the excercise app or why someone would choose to keep them on so that’s personal choice but it has solved the bulk of my battery problem and I’m getting 5-6 days now.
Best Answer

I didn't much care about the sp02. or GPS tracking. everything else still runs.. heart rate, sleep tracking, occasional ECG, steps, weather, water intake, body temp while sleeping... all of that still works 

Best Answer

Hi everyone. It's great to see you participating in the forums.

@haddadgeorge Thanks for the update, I'm glad you've received your replacement!

@ElizabethAnnH and @ElleQue Thank you for sharing the steps that worked for you. Your posts are great and I'm sure other users will find them very helpful.

@rfjouben Thanks for joining this thread. As you may know, there are certain features that impact the battery life. If you've not done so, please give a try to the suggestions shared in this thread and keep an eye to your Sense. If by any chance the issue persists even after following our battery life tips, please get in touch with our Support team so they can evaluate your details and bring you back on track.

Have a good day.

Best Answer
0 Votes