Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense battery is draining in less than 5 hours

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

As of yesterday my Sense battery discharges within 5 hours whether day or night.  I have restarted it and it does not  have snoring monitoring on. I have changed none of the settings and previously it would last for around 4 days on a full charge.

Please can you help me as I really love my Sense!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @Alex_j_jackson. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. Thanks for bringing this to my attention and for the troubleshooting steps you've tried. I'm sorry to hear that the battery of your Sense is draining too quickly. We're here to help! @Guy_ Thank you so much for your input!

As per the description of your post, it could be a sign the contacts need cleaning. Dust and debris can accumulate over time. Clean the charging contacts on the back of your device and the pins on your charging cable using the instructions in How do I clean my Fitbit device?

Nevertheless, bear in mind that as all rechargeable batteries age, they deteriorate to some extent and an older device will need to be charged more often than a new one. The best way of minimizing this effect is to avoid deep discharges of the battery. To maximize the overall life of your Fitbit device's battery, ideally keep it between 20-80%.  Many people find that a daily battery boost works best ( e.g. giving it a 15 minutes charge while you are showering in the morning).

Additionally, please find below some tips to best charge Fitbit devices:

• Use only genuine Fitbit charging cables
  • Use only UL-certified wall chargers
  • Avoid USB battery packs
  • Charge at room temperature

For charging purposes, your charging cable or your base station can be plugged into any USB power source, including but not limited to:

• A computer
  • A Wall A/C to USB adapter, commonly found with smartphones
  • A DC to USB adapter (vehicle power port)
Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @Alex_j_jackson - with that kind of battery drain it probably has a hardware fault (unless GPS is being used).

When a watch gets wet inside the battery drain can increase dramatically and it can even get hot, especially when charging and if so stop immediately.

If it's under warranty it can be replaced.  After that it is your issue to deal with.

If you live in Europe you will only be able to load Fitbit clocks and apps after June 2024.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, @Alex_j_jackson. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. Thanks for bringing this to my attention and for the troubleshooting steps you've tried. I'm sorry to hear that the battery of your Sense is draining too quickly. We're here to help! @Guy_ Thank you so much for your input!

As per the description of your post, it could be a sign the contacts need cleaning. Dust and debris can accumulate over time. Clean the charging contacts on the back of your device and the pins on your charging cable using the instructions in How do I clean my Fitbit device?

Nevertheless, bear in mind that as all rechargeable batteries age, they deteriorate to some extent and an older device will need to be charged more often than a new one. The best way of minimizing this effect is to avoid deep discharges of the battery. To maximize the overall life of your Fitbit device's battery, ideally keep it between 20-80%.  Many people find that a daily battery boost works best ( e.g. giving it a 15 minutes charge while you are showering in the morning).

Additionally, please find below some tips to best charge Fitbit devices:

• Use only genuine Fitbit charging cables
  • Use only UL-certified wall chargers
  • Avoid USB battery packs
  • Charge at room temperature

For charging purposes, your charging cable or your base station can be plugged into any USB power source, including but not limited to:

• A computer
  • A Wall A/C to USB adapter, commonly found with smartphones
  • A DC to USB adapter (vehicle power port)

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you I will try to clean it and see if it maintains charge

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Alex_j_jackson Sure thing. I will be around if you need further help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have cleaned both watch and charger and charged the watch. The battery is still depleting very quickly. I will move to a Garmin I think

Best Answer