Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense charging cable is broken

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I got my sense at the start of June so it's fairly new, but about a week ago I noticed it wasn't charging as well so I looked at the charger and I saw that one of the charging pins was stuck down which was weird because nothing has happened to the charging dock bit. So I was wondering what do I do now? Also I live in NZ so I don't know if that will have an effect anything. 

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
23 REPLIES 23

Update:  My FIFTH replacement cable from May 2022 failed a week ago.  I have contacted Fitbit customer service and they are AGAIN sending me a replacement cable (#6 official cables now plus the off-brand one I bought on Amazon which had the same problem).  This time though they said that they are doing a one time courtesy replacement as the device is out of warranty (I've had it just over a year now).  It will be interesting to see what happens in 2 months when this one breaks and my $200 smartwatch is useless unless I commit to spending $10-$20 every two months to buy new chargers moving forward.

My personal belief is that this is a design defect.  Unfortunately, there's not a lot Fitbit can do because this same design is present in all three of the current "Smartwatch" devices Fitbit sells.  I think that Fitbit should be offering store credit or refunds to people who are dissatisfied with the charger situation.  I have asked customer reps about this and there is no authority to do so as far as I know.

Best Answer

The cause of  Sense  watches failure  lies in the failure  of    connection between the Sense unit and the charger unit,  

I have gone thru 7 charging units.  And   two  failed batteries.   
The magnetic attraction was so strong that it pulled the charger out of my hands, But it this happens more than twice the charger is history.  And it you are trying to charge the unit it fails and eventually loses  he battery which just happened to me.!   Now I have a dead battery.    

Holding the charger cord  I have made pictures of the failure   it is always the upper left pin.  that looses  connection and causes the battery to die.  

Best Answer

first time I contacted Fitbit for the broken cable and they dit replace it, I went to a schop and buy a new one as well to have e spare.

I have my Sense from March 22 and by now i spent more on buiing charger cables as they brake down all the time. I use the GPS 1 to 2 thimes a day so I charge the device also on to 2 times a day. During the charging I use my old Surge.

I never had a broken charge cable for my Surge or my Blaze or my Ionic but with the Sense I hade more than 10 broken Cables. Always one of the 4 contact pins fails. I did try original cables and compatibles, no difference in quality, a lot in price :-(.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same problem.  It wasn't worth dealing with the support team.  I just bought a new one from Amazon.  It's off brand but it's half the price for two that I would pay on fitbit for one. I just don't have the time to deal with the support team unless it's major. Based on the posts, this is a common issue.  

I agree that there is no excuse for this.  If you do dissect the current one and are able to fix it, will you please share.  I've bought my replacements on Amazon.  It's an off brand but half the price for two of one Fitbit.  So far, I've had better luck with the off brand than I did with the Fitbit original.

Best Answer