Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense counting steps while driving

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello everyone. I have just purchuased my fitbit sense but it is counting steps while driving my vespa. What can i do?????

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Hello @VaiosTheGreek. Welcome to the community forums! 

Thanks for choosing the Fitbit Sense and for the detailed information. Fitbit has worked hard to make sure that our devices do not pick up false steps or activity recordings while driving. Nevertheless; it is expected that some steps or floors are tracked while driving in a car, bus, motorcycle, etc. 

If your Sense does record false activity, I recommend negating those steps by logging a non-step-based activity such as driving to override the steps or floors. For more information, please check: How do I add, edit, or delete Fitbit data and activities?

Hope this helps. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
My dear friend,
I am not talking about just a few steps tracked while driving. My fitbit
sense tracks 5000 to 7000 steps while driving my vespa. This is
unacceptable!!!!!!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a similar issue. I've been wearing my Sense happily since November. In recent weeks, it's started "tracking" my wrist action rather than my steps. So I'm getting astounding "steps" and "miles" when I brush my teeth, wash the dishes, hoe the garden. I tried Restart. I tried Reset. I tried the other wrist. No help. Still way over counting my steps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was told to edit my data because of false activity (ie brushing teeth or hoeing the garden), but ...WHAT? I don't count my strokes! I can easily take off the Sense for brushing teeth, but leaving the watch off while gardening is not realistic, nor is estimating how many inaccurate steps are being accumulated. I'm disappointed because this has only started happening in recent weeks. 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

One thing you could do to minimize (not eliminate) the false data is to wear your device on your

non-dominant wrist for now. That should take care of the teeth brushing and a few other activities. 

Sense Activation 11/3/20\IPhone 12 Pro Max\SimpleClockPro Watch Face\Spigen Rugged Armor Pro Case/Band
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you very much but i have already done this

Best Answer
0 Votes

Logging after the fact is not only inconvenient, it can often be extremely difficult. I drive for a living and am constantly in and out of my truck. My Fitbit Sense is logging thousands of steps while I drive. I don’t have time at the end of my day to sort through all of that data. What the Sense really needs is a “Driving” button exactly like the “Sleep” button except the “Driving” button could disable the pedometer. With that we could easily change how the sense logs steps on the fly. 

Best Answer

I just got the sense 2... I stayed home and did exactly nothing .. 8000 steps.... This is a joke. 

Best Answer
0 Votes