Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense didn't record nap correctly

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Sense (don't know if it's the latest update related or not) isn't recording sleep correctly. Did not record a nap yesterday during the day and then because I was exhausted,  went to bed at 10pm last night, woke up at 1am, then fell back asleep around 2am til morning. The Sense never recorded the sleep from 10pm-1am and only recorded from 2am onward.

Please fix this asap.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

@Mcrwc Welcome to the Community Forums.

Thanks for letting us know about your Sense and your sleep details. As you may know your watch can detect and record naps that are at least an hour long. I'm sorry this wasn't the case with your nap and to work on this, may I know if you've had the same issue before? Some factors such as sleeping in a position that prevented your watch from getting a consistent heart-rate reading or wore it too loosely may interrupt the sleep tracing.

That being said, I'd recommend restarting your watch to refresh its performance and wear it about 2-3 finger widths above your wrist bone to sleep. Once you're awake, open the Fitbit app, pull down on the screen to force a manual sync and check your details.

Hope this helps.

Best Answer

My Versa used to record every single sleep and nap, even for 20 minutes. I switched to Garmin for a couple of years, but came back to Fitbit just recently with the Sense, mostly because of the sleep tracking. I fell asleep yesterday for almost 3 hours and nothing. I am so disappointed. I don't expect full analytics on naps, but you should return the ability to detect them and record them - at least just the time!

Best Answer

Fitbit was never able to auto record a sleep period of less than 60 minutes. 

Through the sleep page in the app, the user can use the Start/Stop sleep now for shorter periods of smell. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I found this, in the watch go to settings then quiet mode, scroll down to schedule, tap; it'll open a window where it mentions non-scheduled sleep. There is an off-on option with hours to be set; from there I don't know what or how it does whatever. Worth exploring.

Best Answer
0 Votes