Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense didn't track my sleep data

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I bought my Sense when it first came out and have been tracking my sleep ever since that day.  I have never had any issues getting the sleep stages or the sleep score.  The only time I didn’t get a score was if I didn’t sleep well enough or long enough, but that has not happened since I retired, and I retired when I was still using an older Fitbit.  

Last night I went to sleep at my normal time, and I felt that I slept solidly for at least 6-7 hours.  This morning though, when I went to sync my Sense to my iPhone app, it did not even look like it was tracked.  It just says “Wear your Fitbit to Bed” with no info for last night at all.  I tried a reset on the watch and the phone, logged in and out of the Fitbit app, and I do not see anything in the Help Forum that helps.  Why did it suddenly stop tracking my sleep, and how can I get it to start again?  

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @TigerLair. Thanks for stopping by in the Community Forums and trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Sense. 

To better assist you, please confirm if you've considered the following in order to get sleep stages:

• If you slept in a position that prevented your device from getting a consistent heart-rate reading or wore it too loosely. For best results, wear your device higher on your wrist (about 2-3 finger widths above your wrist bone). The band should feel secure but not too tight.
  • If you used the Begin Sleep Now option in the Fitbit app (instead of simply wearing your device to bed). For more information on automatic sleep tracking, see How do I track my sleep with my Fitbit device?
  • If you slept for less than 3 hours.
  • If your device’s battery is critically low.

For more information, see What should I know about Fitbit sleep stages?

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hi there, @TigerLair. Thanks for stopping by in the Community Forums and trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Sense. 

To better assist you, please confirm if you've considered the following in order to get sleep stages:

• If you slept in a position that prevented your device from getting a consistent heart-rate reading or wore it too loosely. For best results, wear your device higher on your wrist (about 2-3 finger widths above your wrist bone). The band should feel secure but not too tight.
  • If you used the Begin Sleep Now option in the Fitbit app (instead of simply wearing your device to bed). For more information on automatic sleep tracking, see How do I track my sleep with my Fitbit device?
  • If you slept for less than 3 hours.
  • If your device’s battery is critically low.

For more information, see What should I know about Fitbit sleep stages?

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

The last two nights it has been working correctly.  I changed out my band, and though I had slept with that band several times before, it was a stretch watch band, so I’m guessing maybe it was a little looser, or else I slept in the wrong position that night.  I never use the “Begin Sleep Now” option, I slept solidly for at least 6 hours or more, and I always charge my Sense right before bedtime, so the other suggestions were not the problem.  Hopefully if I avoid wearing any of my stretch watch bands at night, I won’t have any further issues.  Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@TigerLair You're very welcome! I'm glad to hear your Sense is now tracking your sleep data. 

I would like to invite you to visit our Health & Wellness where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members.

Best Answer
0 Votes