Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense display goes dim

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Anyone else having this issue?

When I scroll to settings, and click through to display, everything goes dim and I can barely make out the options.  I want to of course adjust the brightness and how to wake the watch, but it won't let me select any of the options.  You can barely make out the words on the screen in this menu screen (fine on all the others).

Just wondering if I'm missing something obvious.  I have already rebooted the watch to make sure that wasn't it.

Thanks for any help!

Edit:  Solved.  It came with sleep mode enabled.  Ooof.  So I was THAT guy.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
41 REPLIES 41

Ah, thanks.  I was having the same issue and found that sleep mode was on.  Turning that off fixed the issue.  Thanks very much.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @gimp1973. It's great to see you around the Community.

You're welcome and thanks to you for trying the suggestions from this post. I'm glad your Sense display is working and I hope you continue enjoying the experience with it. By the way, if you have some spare time, check out our Health & Wellness board where you can meet people, share your experiences and create new topics.

Happy Holidays! 🎄

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had both those problems and now they are solved! Thank you, but what is sleep mode for?

Best Answer

Hi @Grpop Welcome! It's good that the community is growing.

I'm glad the suggestions posted in this thread worked for you. In regards to your question, the sleep mode will prevent your Sense from interrupting your sleep or nap. When this setting is turned on, notifications don't cause your watch to vibrate or the screen to turn on, even when moving your arm. You can always set a sleep schedule if you want to have this mode turned on automatically during certain hours. To find more about the Sense settings, check this help article.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, yes I have weoerked that out now, but thanks for your support. When I
use the mindfulne nchess sessions my eda doesn't see my heart rate, asking
me to wear my watch! Finally, why can't I see a benchmark for people my age
on the fitbit sense when my daughter can on versa
Best Answer

Hi @Grpop I'm glad to see you again.

I'm glad you sorted that out. In regards to the mindfulness sessions not showing your heart rate, may I know if you started a Quick Scan? Or was it a Guided Session? Please note that when selecting the Guided Session, you'll need to start a mindfulness sessions that is compatible with EDA detection so it can provide you with heart rate data. If you've not done so, please restart your watch to refresh its performance and try tightening your band on your wrist. The band should be snug but not constricting.

About your other question, currently the Cardio Fitness Score benchmark is available on our previous smartwatches. I understand how much you'd like to see it on your Sense and my best advice is to share this idea in the Feature Suggestions board so other members can vote for it. The more votes an idea receives, the better chance it has of getting the attention of the developers.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for your comments Lizzy. Display fine now but no heart rate being
seen in mindfulness sessions. I have tried to post a suggestion to add the
benchmarks but I couldn't manage it!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Grpop I hope you're doing well.

Thanks for getting back with more details, as well for considering the suggestion from my post. About the heart rate data, could you please provide me with the requested information and confirm if you've completed the troubleshooting tips? That will help me to further investigate on my end and continue helping you.

In regards to your other question, please try using this other link to make a new suggestion and include as many details as you can so our developers can understand your idea and take it into consideration for new updates or product development.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks Lizzy, I have managed to post it OK. Re eda on my sense not giving
heart rate changes in mindfulness sessions, I tried to tighten and loosen
the strap and adjusted my hands position but can't get a reading. Thanks
again for your help
Best Answer

Hi @Grpop. It's great to see you again.

That's awesome! I'll vote for that idea as it'd be very helpful to have that benchmark right on my wrist. About the mindfulness session, let's try the following steps:

1. Remove your Sense from the Bluetooth settings.
  2. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  3. Open the Fitbit app, tap your profile picture > Set Up a Device.
  4. Choose your Sense, tap replace your device and follow the onscreen instructions.
  5. Then, open the EDA Scan app on your watch and select Guided Session.
  6. Open the Mindfulness tile on the Fitbit app and select one of the Mindful Sessions.
  7. Once you've completed the session, sync your Sense and check your details.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the help regarding eda heart rate monitoring. I have followed
the steps you suggested, but I still had no heart rate data! Interestingly,
I did from the 2 minutes quick session generated on the sense, but I've had
some results with that session before.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Grpop. I hope you're doing well.

You're welcome, thanks to you for trying the suggestions posted above. I'm sorry the issue persists with your guided sessions. Because this shouldn't be happening, please get in touch with our Support team so they look into your watch's behavior and investigate what may be occurring. Click here to get connected with them via chat or phone.

Best Answer

Hi there! My Sense is also experiencing dimming issues. The screen appears normal brightness most times when I'm in my home, but anytime I step outside or even driving my car, any time there is actual sunlight, the screen is completely dimmed. I can't see the settings or the general clock face at all - nothing. I've checked settings and when trying to adjust brightness, nothing happens, regardless of choosing low, normal, or maximum brightness. Sleep mode is not enabled. I've restarted the device. I've reset the device to factory settings, "forgotten" the device on bluetooth, and did everything to re-pair it as a new device. Still no change in the screen. Any other ideas? 

Best Answer

Welcome, @courtbkoz. It's good to see a new face around.

Thanks for taking the time to troubleshoot your Sense. I'm sorry you're having this experience and my best advice is getting in touch with our Support team and sharing all the steps you've tried. That way they can further investigate this situation and bring you back on track. Please click here to get connected with them via chat or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

thank you!! I restarted twice and it was still so dim I couldn't see to change anything and then saw your comment about swiping left to right for sleep mode!! Genius!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome, @LHCHAT. It's great to have you on board.

That's great news! I'm glad your Sense screen is working well and thanks to you for trying the steps shared in this thread. If you have time, check out our Health & Wellness board where you can meet new people, share your story and find great fitness tips to reach your goals.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My brightness has changed back to dim. I always have it on max but it wont let me change it at all. I've tried to reset but it hasn't worked. 

Best Answer

Hi @Shell050820. It's good to see you here.

I'm sorry you're having this experience with your Sense, and thanks for the steps tried prior to posting. Just to confirm, have you also made sure to have the Sleep Mode setting turned off? I'm asking this as when this setting is on, the screen's brightness will be set to dim. To check this, swipe right from the clock face on your watch to access the quick settings and tap on the moon icon.

If the issue persists, I'd suggest getting in touch with our Support team so they can evaluate your options and bring you back on track. Please click here to get connected with them via chat or phone, and make sure to share all the steps you've tried so far.

Best Answer
0 Votes

OMG...thank you 1001x for updating with the answer. I reset my watch several times and nada. Nothing online to tell me why my conteols were frozen. By accident, I found this and...well, you're a lifesaver!

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community, @scrubbers.

You're very welcome. I'm glad the suggestions shared in this thread were of help and I hope you can keep enjoying the experience with your Sense. Let me invite you to check our Health & Wellness board where you can make new friends and start your own topics. Happy stepping! 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes