Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense does not start after the restart

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Decided to restart my Sense after I noticed some lines of different color in the bottom of the screen in the last 2-3 days. Pushed the button, waited for 10 seconds, the screen went black, displayed Fitbit logo, and then it started looping - buzz - black screen - logo-logo-logo - buzz - black screen ....  (etc ... repeat). It does not want to start

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

Hi @irsdn  - try charging it fully then try restarting, then sync with the app.

If  necessary run the "+ Set up a Device"

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

Hi @Guy_ ,

The battery was at 83% at the time it happened, so it was definitely not the battery issue. Having said that, just to be sure, I plugged it in but it didn't help. Same thing - Fitbit logo, frozen. And because it could not start, the sync with the app didn't work either, my phone could not connect to Fitbit. I called support yesterday, spoke with the support.

Best Answer

Hi there, @irsdn@Guy_ Thanks for stopping by to help our members.

@irsdn Thanks for every step tried prior to posting, and the time taken while contacting our Support team. I'm sorry you've gone through this experience with your Sense. I went ahead to check your details and it seems you've received an email with more information about your case. I'm sure our team will continue helping you with this matter, so please follow their instructions and keep an open communication with them.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Lizzy

am facing a similar issue. I tried to restart the device since it wasnt going to the exercise mode. Now it doesnt start again. Keeps on showing the logo and freezes and then turns blcak again. Can you advise what should i do please

Best Answer

Hello @LizzyFitbit , I wanted to provide you a feedback on my experience with this issue.

When I spoke to the support team a couple of days ago, they said that I would receive an email with the instructions on how to receive a replacement for my dead Fitbit Sense which was only a couple of months old. I didn't swim with it, and didn't drop and didn't hit it. It just chose to stop working one day. I got an email with 2 links - to receive a replacement of exactly the same model that I currently have (free of charge) or choose another model with 50% discount. I chose to receive exactly the same model. I thought I would receive a brand new watch, but when it arrived today I found out that you sent me a refurbished watch. WHY?!

I am very disappointed and frustrated because nowhere on the order replacement page did it say that you are going to send me a refurbished device. I was looking for this information, I was afraid this might happen and I was looking for it! The support team didn't say anything either. If they had told me that these are my choices - receive a refurbished device or pay for another device, I would have said - do not bother at all, I will go and buy a watch of a different brand. WHY refurbished?! and WHY do I need to pay for another device (even with a discount) when your Sense is clearly NOT WORKING, as we can see from the message that @mruthyunjay.g posted here. Same problem that my device had.

All I can say - you just lost a loyal customer. This is my 3rd device from Fitbit, but when this watch dies (which I suspect will happen pretty soon), I will NEVER come back to Fitbit. Why would I?

Regards.

Best Answer

Hi there, @irsdn@mruthyunjay.g Welcome to the forums.

@mruthyunjay.g Thanks for the steps tried, and the details provided. Just to confirm, have you tried setting up your watch as a new device? If that's correct and the issue persists, I'd suggest contacting our Support team so they can look into this and provide you with assistance. They're available via chat and phone, just click here to get connected with them.

@irsdn Thanks for the detailed information, as well as sharing your feedback about your interaction with our team. Let me explain that depending on available inventory, our team might send a factory-certified refurbished product as a replacement. These are typically products that were returned to Fitbit unused and have been tested, as well as determined to work like new, with minimal wear and tear. This is described in our Warranty Policy.

I understand where you're coming from, and I'm sorry for this inconvenience. Because I don't have access to your case, my best advice is to keep an open communication with our team. That way you can receive more details about your case and their resolution.

Best Answer

I am experiencing the same issue. How should I proceed? 

Best Answer

Hi @Darni  - please post your exact symptoms because what may be causing a problem for one watch might not be the same for another and so needs different treatment.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

@Darni @irsdn @Guy_ @LizzyFitbit Guys i seriously think there is a fault with the product and money should be refunded. No electronic devices are so complicated which involves so many steps just to restart. I tried all the steps i saw in the forum and finally returned the product for repair. 

Best Answer

Hi there, @Guy_ and @mruthyunjay.g@Darni Welcome to the Community.

@Darni Thanks for joining to this thread. If you've tried restarting your watch but the issue persists, I'd recommend contacting our Support team so they can evaluate your details and provide you with further assistance. Please click here to get connected with them via chat or phone.

@mruthyunjay.g Thanks for letting me know about your Sense, and the steps tried on your own. While I'm glad you're receiving help, I'm sorry you've gone through this situation. This isn't the type of experience that we want you to have and please know your feedback won't go unnoticed as it'll help us to keep working on our devices, as well as improve their overall performance.

Best Answer