Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense floor counts way off & inaccurate

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Sense has been recently reporting hugely inaccurate floor counts. This wasn’t happening couple of months ago for me. 

today, as an example, I’ve been home (condo) all day, have not even used the elevators and apparently and somehow magically have climbed 26 floors, it’s a miracle!   

…and yes, app is up to date, I’ve rebooted and there is no climate changes in my condo…

any idea? This will end up reporting an inaccurate calorie count as well. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @Afshin, unfortunately this is an known error.

It started back in November 2020. No fix available yet.

A replacement of the Sense could help for a few months but it seems like the issue could come back anytime.

Wenn dir mein Beitrag geholfen hat, freue ich mich über ein Kudos (Daumen hoch Symbol)!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Afshin - as @sancho90  says its a known error which comes from the firmware update released around June and is not a watch problem.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Guy_ It is definitely not related to a specific firmware release.

In the German Fitbit Community first users reported the issue back in November 2020.

For me the issue started around May 2021, independently of any firmware update.

In addition the issue disappeared by changing the device (with the same firmware) by support.

Wenn dir mein Beitrag geholfen hat, freue ich mich über ein Kudos (Daumen hoch Symbol)!
Best Answer
0 Votes

@sancho90  - the problem appeared for me immediately after a firmware update and also got worse after a Fitbit App update.

Have verified the watch itself is working fine for pressure, so it's definitely not the watch.

Many other people reported the same issue too where it was working fine and then suddenly stopped being accurate.

See sudden change, after 9 months consistently working ok..

20220104_143257.jpg

In your case you may have received a newer model Sense which is matched to the firmware, whereas the original Sense watches are not handled properly by the new firmware. A supposition.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

As said, first reports about this issue have been back in November 2020 which is far earlier than the firmware update around June 2021 you are assuming as the reason for the issue.

Have forgotten to include the link to the German Fitbit community where the reports started in November, already 14 months ago:

Gelöst: Höhenmesser / zu viele Etagen - Fitbit Sense - Fitbit Community

Either there are several reasons for the issue or it is not only related to the firmware version.

Here you can see my massive increase happening May 2021 - coming from around 14 floors per day to 66 without changing my daily routines:

Screenshot_20210914_212234_com.fitbit.FitbitMobile.jpgScreenshot_20210914_212020_com.fitbit.FitbitMobile.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes