Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense is inaccurate with workouts

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am a long time FitBit lover. I’ve had just about every one. I now have the Sense and have had it since September. I had to send one back due to charging issues. Now, this new one is insanely inaccurate with my workouts and tracking. I would really rather go back to the versa but don’t want to spend all of that over and I don’t feel confident in selling the sense. Is there anything I can do to get rid of this thing without losing the $300 I spent on it. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity. 

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

@Roniqua29 100% agreed. The worst is Fitbit are aware of the problems with the device and do absolutely nothing to resolve them. It is useless except for showing time. My Charge 3 was way better. Unfortunately I gave it to a friend when I bought Sense...

Fitbit user since September 2019
Sense2 Sense, Charge3, Android, Windows
Best Answer

I cracked the screen on my versa after a bad fall. It still works way better than this sense though. 

Best Answer

Agreed. My fitbit charge 2 had better HR tracking I feel. This thing frustrated me when I'm hiking up a mountain and it says my HR is like 60-70 bpm and I can feel my heart pumping wayyy more. 

Best Answer

My Sense is useless.  It doesn’t track anything accurately.  It tells me I only slept 3 hours after a very restful night of 7-8 hours sleep.  It doesn’t track floors.  I live in a tall house with a lot of stairs.  I will climb the stairs several times a day and it will say I only did 1 or, if I’m lucky, 2 floors.  If I’m sitting watching tv it will track steps anytime I love my arm but if I’m walking a long distance but carrying something like my camera it won’t count my steps.  I bought my daughter a iwatch 7 the same time I bought this for myself and it is so much more accurate than my Sense.  I am constantly having to reboot my Sense to get it to track better and she never has to reboot her I watch.  My Sense was a lot cheaper than her iwatch 7 but you get what you pay for, I guess.  It would have been worth it to spend the extra $100 to at least have something that works.

Best Answer

I’ve had this maybe 6 months. I have to reboot 3-6 times a day. I’ve reset to factory 7 times. 3-5 times a day I don’t get the 250 step reminder. This pat week, I’ve been getting ridiculous amounts of floors. Today I have 27 flights, but have only really done 3. Counted and did 250 steps. Only tracked170. Things I can see in the app don’t appear on the watch. Phone calls don't work and messages sometimes appear. I’ve talked to Support. Their response is reboot and reset. I use it as a watch and alarm. Using other product for fitness tracking. This is complete GARBAGE!  

Best Answer

Totally agree. But I gotta tell you something. The amount of satisfaction I got out of just accepting the fact I had made an expensive mistake buying, dealing with customer service, restarts, factory resets, replacements, trips back and forth dropping off and picking up the same shiny new garbage and all sorts of other foolish time wasting ineffective fiddling of placing this garbage on a hard surface and grinding and crushing it under my heel to pieces was immeasurable. 

Best Answer

I’m not quite that far and still a bit delusional. Hoping they’ll at least make something besides the alarm work right. 

Best Answer

I’m in the same boat. The Ionic was far superior. The Sense does not sense my heart rate accurately at all. Always much lower than reality. I am frequently looking for fixes and I agree that it will be hard to sell it.

Best Answer

My sense has been trying to download an update for days and won't reset and won't synch with app on Android Pixel 5A. I am sure we I was the chat support was some kind of bot. Useless

Best Answer

I run into the odd person that tell me the features work a lot of the time. Not all the time. I run into vastly more people that don't even wear them anymore because they rarely work accurately and the stress of paying so much money for such an inferior product with out any recourse to recover your money as the guarantee only offers replacements is actually very bad for your mental and physical health. I had 5 replacement all together. None worked consistently other than telling the time.  If it doesn't bring you joy...throw it away.

Best Answer
0 Votes