Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense is not generating my sleep score

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I cannot get a sleep score on my Sense, which I obtained from Fitbit with an upgrade discount, after I could not get a sleep score on my new Charge 5. I have tried all the known remedies of setting to Sensitive, loosening and tightening the wristband, wearing it higher on my arm, etc. I am also not getting Breathing rate or Heart rate variability on the Health Metrics, assume it is a result of not obtaining a Sleep score but not sure. It is tracking my heart rate throughout the day and in workouts. However, still no sleep score. I lent it to my daughter and she got a sleep score. Is there some other reason, such as medications, or body type that would prevent it from getting a score? I am of low body mass so its not like my arm is fat, only weigh 150 lbs. Seems odd that I could not get a Sleep score on the Charge 5 and now on the Sense. Any thoughts or answers?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
24 REPLIES 24

I have the same problem and have tried the same fixes but with exactly the same result - no sleep analytics, sleep score, HRV etc etc. My heart rate, skin temperature and SpO2 are measured throughout sleep with no problem and sleep time is recorded OK.

I have had the same issue with the Alta HR, Ionic and now Sense.

Is there some issue with the Fitbit algorithm and an HRV cut off? 

Best Answer

They cannot seem to fix it, I spoke to many Customer Service Reps. and eventually was told that it was escalated to a higher level. I waited and never heard back. I finally called and they offered a replacement of the Charge 5 or a great discount on the Verse. I took the option of the Verse and still have the problem. No idea what the issue is, hopefully maybe someone will look at our Dashboards and try to figure it out for the reputation of the company.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have downloaded a clock face that monitors HRV (search: eHeart) to see if that sheds any more light on the situation. Is it a problem with measurement (e.g. watch placement versus sensor) or measurement interpretation?

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have downloaded a clock face that shows HRV (search: eHeart) to see if it sheds any further light on the situation. Is it a problem with placement of Fitbit on wrist or a problem with the sensor or a problem with measurement interpretation by the software? If I get no joy I will probably cancel my Premium subscription. 

Best Answer

Are you getting the Sleep score now with the new clock face? Also, exactly where did you find the clock face? I don't know what eHeart is, I am 72 and not familiar with a lot of this techie stuff.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I haven't been to sleep yet so I may find out tomorrow! You should be able to search the clock face in the Fitbit App. 

PS I'm not much younger than you...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks, let me know if any results. Glad to have someone not much younger so that we can compare results of this experiment. Will look for the clocks. BTW, I had gotten an SPO2 reading when I first got the Verse and lately I have not. Have adjusted band to see if that changes. Will keep you posted.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I downloaded the eHeart clock face on my Sense. It worked well and gave me readings for SDRR, RMSSD and pNN50 that were in line with what I would expect for someone of my age. (You can get more details on the measurement definitions in a Fitbit sponsored article in the medical journal The Lancet). 

I wore the Sense overnight and checked my eHeart readings upon waking. They were measuring OK. Then I checked for a Fitbit Sleep Score. There was none, only an overall sleep time.

This sleep score problem is getting irritating.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the information, I will try to find the eHeart clockface and try it too. You are as frustrated as I am in not being able to get the Sleep Score. I do not know what else to do. Maybe someone at FitBit will see our post and try to help. Is there a name to the clock face that you chose?
Best Answer
0 Votes
The clock face is called eHeart. You get the first 168 hrs or so free then you have to pay a few dollars.

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you very much!
Best Answer

Just following up, still no sleep score. How about you?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got a sleep score Monday and Tuesday last week and I got one this morning.

I spent some time on the phone with support and did a factory reset on Friday. Still no Oxygen saturation and no Heart rate variability.

Using a month old Sense.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have never gotten a Sleep Score, Breathing rate or hear rate variability. Last two days have not gotten a readiness score, which I had been getting. Restarted today, but do not want to do a factory reset at this time. I had the same problem with the Charge 5. I am starting to believe it may be certain medication that I am on but not sure.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still no sleep score. Will try a factory reset on my Sense.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks David, let me know how it goes. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you sync the fitbit before a factory reset you will not loose your data. I would recommend that if you decide to do a factory reset be on the phone with support and make sure you have wifi setup, I had a couple of problems that support got me past very quickly.  A factory reset using Bluetooth will take about and hour possibly a bit less, on WiFi it takes a few minutes.

Best Answer

Thanks for the info Rainwind!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Your welcome.

Rainwind

Best Answer
0 Votes