Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense isn't tracking steps correctly

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been wearing Sense for a couple of month without noticing any problem until this morning. It showed I had 38k+ steps within at the time I just got up from bed. Could anyone tell me what's going on here? Is my watch defective now?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Ying.x do you have mobile track enabled in the fitbit app? Some have had this issue with mobile track. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Hi @Ying.x do you have mobile track enabled in the fitbit app? Some have had this issue with mobile track. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do I know if my mobile track is enabled in the Fitbit app? Even it was enabled, my phone was laying on table overnight without moving.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mobile trac will be listed under your list of attached devices. 

My phone was also laying on a table, and one night, about 2 months ago, durring a 10 minute period I had 38K of steps added. They where probably added at one time, but 10 increments are the smallest period we can anylize. 

Yes you can review you recorded steps and see when they where added. 

Best Answer

Thank you Rich! I have Fitbit unpaired with my phone now assuming I will not get notifications for messages, emails, etc. on the Sense. 🤔

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm not sure what you are saying @Ying.x 

If you unpair, from Bluetooth, the next time you open the fitbit app, it will ask for permission to pair. 

If you remove the tracker from your fitbit account, without removing the tracker from the Bluetooth, you will still get notifications. 

Best Answer

I'm curious if you ever figured out what is causing this and how to fix it. My Sense began doing this same thing recently. Twice in the last week, I have awoken with 35k+ steps and I can't find an obvious fix within the app. Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I followed the instruction below and had mobile tracker removed:

On your Fitbit app go to your account screen (on the opening page click on the small photo or person icon top left). On the account screen scroll down to Mobile Track and click on the 3 dots and choose "unpair".

Since then, I haven't run into such problem anymore. Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes